mobsync .exe/logon

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Alan, Aug 3, 2002.

1. Alan

Alan its only fun

Hi,

First off glad to see the site back:D

Secondly can any one tell me about this "mobsync .exe/logon"

that starts up every time, even though I disable it at start up?

Is it needed or is not? and if not how do I stop it from running at start up?

Any help appreciated

Cheers
    Alan

2. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

It's not on mine, just delete it from there.

:cool:

3. Alan

Alan its only fun

Hi Iceman,

everytime i delete it just re-appears, thats why there are two entries in the start up config box [see att'ed 1st post]

I've just done a search on google and it seems to be something to do with off line web pages.

I think its a matter of removing a registry key to stop it from loading :eek:

Not to happy messing in there so will do a little more homework on it.

Thanks for the reply though

Cheers
    Alan

4. seba79

seba79 Guest

I have 3 computers with win xp, but only in one registry is "mobsync .exe/logon", what is this and what for ?

5. Rootz

Rootz Guest

It's the offline files module and it's part of the Windows operating system, it runs at logon, logoff and every now and then during a working session in the background (detects low usage of the system and starts syncronizing network folders, favorites websites...)

disable offline files if you don't want it to load.

6. Rootz

Rootz Guest

yah cool, unfortunately it will pop out again in a minute. gotta disable it, you can't just go there and delete system processes or registry keys...

reminds me when several years ago I thought that my new windows95 system would have been much more tidy and cool with everything in order... I thought *autoexec... what's that for?* and I moved it out of C:\
    you can imagine the rest of the story.

7. seba79

seba79 Guest

thx, i remove it...

8. lsdwebs

lsdwebs Guest

Yeah we had a user here where I work file all of her system files into one folder alphabetically. It wasn't long before her machine went poof! and submitted a service request from a co-workers machine for help.