mobsync .exe/logon

Alan

its only fun
Hi,

First off glad to see the site back:D

Secondly can any one tell me about this "mobsync .exe/logon"

that starts up every time, even though I disable it at start up?

Is it needed or is not? and if not how do I stop it from running at start up?

Any help appreciated

Cheers
Alan

Hi Iceman,

everytime i delete it just re-appears, thats why there are two entries in the start up config box [see att'ed 1st post]

I've just done a search on google and it seems to be something to do with off line web pages.

I think its a matter of removing a registry key to stop it from loading :eek:

Not to happy messing in there so will do a little more homework on it.

Thanks for the reply though

Cheers
Alan

I have 3 computers with win xp, but only in one registry is "mobsync .exe/logon", what is this and what for ?

It's the offline files module and it's part of the Windows operating system, it runs at logon, logoff and every now and then during a working session in the background (detects low usage of the system and starts syncronizing network folders, favorites websites...)

disable offline files if you don't want it to load.

Originally posted by Iceman
It's not on mine, just delete it from there.

:cool:
yah cool, unfortunately it will pop out again in a minute. gotta disable it, you can't just go there and delete system processes or registry keys...

reminds me when several years ago I thought that my new windows95 system would have been much more tidy and cool with everything in order... I thought *autoexec... what's that for?* and I moved it out of C:\
you can imagine the rest of the story.

Originally posted by Rootz
yah cool, unfortunately it will pop out again in a minute. gotta disable it, you can't just go there and delete system processes or registry keys...

reminds me when several years ago I thought that my new windows95 system would have been much more tidy and cool with everything in order... I thought *autoexec... what's that for?* and I moved it out of C:\
you can imagine the rest of the story.

Yeah we had a user here where I work file all of her system files into one folder alphabetically. It wasn't long before her machine went poof! and submitted a service request from a co-workers machine for help.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back