Mobo and mixed type hdd ques

Abbadon2001

OSNN Addict
I have an msi kt6 delta fisr mobo, which currenlty running 2 ide hdd, a 40 gig and a 120 gig. i also have 2 optical drives on the other ide chain.
I have recently bought a sata drive to give me more storage. The mobo has 2 sata ports supported by the south bridge, a via 8237.

I have heard that some mobo dont like having ide and sata hdd on the board at the same time, has anyone else heard this? I just dont want to be having probs when i link it all up. I have bought an ide to sata converter for the 120 gig ide drive, and i would like to runthe 40 gig still on the ide chain.

Anyone got any input?

cheers

Andy

My AN7 has 2 ide HDs, 2 Optical drives on the IDE 1 & 2, and an IDE HD using an adapter on SATA1 with no issues what so ever. I am planning on getting a SATA drive, probably a 250GB one.

Ahh ok so that counds promising. I seem to recall indyjones had a problem where his ide drive wanted to overide his sata boot drive and so he couldnt use his ide for hdd when he had sata drives installed, anyone had this problem too?

Andy

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back