Mixed Up Drive Letters

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by john30uk, Aug 17, 2002.

1. john30uk

john30uk Guest

i JUST UPDATE MY FIRMWARE TONIGHT FOR DVD AND CD-WRITER,AND AS YOUR ADVISED TO DISSABLE THE OTHER DRIVE SHARING THE DRIVE YOU ARE UPDATING I DID AS ALWAYS BUT THIS TIME THE PIONEER UPDATE CAUSED IT TO REINSTALL AND NOW MY CD-WRITER IS E-DRIVE AND DVD IS D-DRIVE.
    MIGHT NOT SEEM A BIG DEAL BYT I WANT IT BACK THE OTHER WAY AND HAVE TRIED ALL INC PHYSICALLY REMOVING AND INSTALLING CD-WRITER ON ITS OWN,STILL ENDS UP E-DRIVE.

SORRY ABOUT CAPS NEVER NOTICED TILL I FINISHED

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Have you tried to change the letters using computer management?
    To Change Drive Letters

Go to Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management, Disk Management, then right-click the partition whose name you want to change (click in the white area just below the word "Volume") and select "change drive letter and paths."
    From here you can add, remove or change drive letters and paths to the partition.

3. allan

allan Guest

Go To Control Panel - Administrative Tasks - Computer Management - Disk Management and reassign drive letters to your heart's content.

Oops - sorry Hipster - guess you were a minute faster than I was. ;)

4. john30uk

john30uk Guest

CHEERS

Thanks to both of you,im sorted now.
    I was on right track by messing around in that area earlier but i woun'nt have got it. THANKS

5. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

hehehe the finger is faster than time