Missing Recycle Bin Name

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by seeya, Mar 31, 2003.

1. seeya

seeya Guest

[​IMG]

anyone know how i can get back mine recycle bin name ...

i yesterday installed the norton systemworks 2002. then i remove it. then i only today notice that ...

2. Teddy

Teddy Boogie Nights...!

reinstall Systemsworks 2002, right click the bin > properties > rename

3. seeya

seeya Guest

the problem now is that i when i click on the properties (haven't install nsw yet) no window has popup ....

4. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

thats a result of having no name for the bin, i used to have no name and also could not right click the bin. you will have to reinstall system works and edit the bin with nortons main options. once you have renamed it you can uninstall nortons again and right click.

5. seeya

seeya Guest

ok ... thanks .. will try that later

6. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

You could try this before installing norton. Might work. You can always reverse the changes if you take note of them.

open regedit and find the key
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08 -00AA002F954E}\ShellFolder.

Select this, on the right there's a binary value called Attributes. Rightclick it, 'modify'.

Instead of 40 01 00 20 it should read 50 01 00 20 to have a 'rename' option. In XP, you'll also need to edit the dword string called "CallForAttributes" there. Set it to 0x00000000 (0)

7. seeya

seeya Guest

i can't find the word attributes in the right hand side

8. seeya

seeya Guest

i've installed the systemworks and i try right clicking it. still unable to open properties :(

9. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

read it again, i said reinstall norton and then go change the recycle bin properties through the norton control panel, its 1 of the last options there, once you have changed it to a name via norton properties, you will get the right click back, but not until you change it to a name and not a blank. :)

10. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

[​IMG]
    does this help ? a picture speaks a thousand words :)

11. seeya

seeya Guest

ok man! i manage to get it show. thanks!