Missing mouse in Win ME

mick42

OSNN Addict
A friend has just given me a Compaq pc for my daughter,nothing special ,monitor is excellent,pc boots up ok but the mouse is not showing,I managed to get into System/Hardware and there is yellow exclamation mark next to mouse,looked in properties and it states as follows:"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the file(vmouse.VXD)for the drivers that loads the device(Code 8).To fix the problem run Windows Setup again using the Windows CD-Rom".The problem is I have not got the CD,I suspect it was pre-loaded with the machine when my friend bought it.I have started in safe mode and the mouse laoded and worked ok.Any ideas anyone.

Cheers
Mick.

Just remove the pointer (mouse) from hardware properties after you download the driver files from the vendor. Then install em.

if its a oem preload, chance is the setup files are in there somewere, run a search for setup.exe and see if you find any folders with windows in em :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back