Missing Keys

SimonSayy

OSNN Newbie
hi

I am having a weird problem with my laptop. I had it for some time. Every so often, I am not able to type in certain letters: g h and the backspace key. (Im not kidding) . It doesnt matter which proram I use. The problem happens on and off. One hour the keys work fine, next hour they dont work. when this happens, I have to cut and paste those missing letters if I really want to type up someting like Im doing now. Its frustrating.

I thought it might be a computer virus, so I tried scanning with the Avast Antivirus proram I have but to no avail. Thinking it might be a systems problem, I upraded to Win XP SP2 , but problem remains. Does anyone have any idea what I am dealing with and how to resolve this?

Thanks.

gordon

Below is a type up of the message above before I added in the missing letters
I am avin a weird problem wit my laptop. I ad it fo some time. Every so often, I am not able to type in certain letters g h and backspace key. (Im not kiddin) . Te problem appens on and off. An our te keys are fine, next our it doesnt work. wen tis appens, I ave to cut and paste tose missin letters if I really want to type up sometin like Im doin now. Its frustratin.

I tou it mit be a computer virus, so I tried scannin wit te Avast Antivirus proram but to no avail. Tinkin it mit be a systems problem, I upraded to a Win XP SP2 , ut problem remains. Before I trou tis computer out te window, does anyone ave any idea wat I am dealin wit and ow to correct tis?

Tanks.

ordon

Seen this problem on some dell laptops (CPt / CPx machines). The heatsink for the CPU sits right underneath the problem keys and heats up the membrain and they stop working, let it cool down and they come back, eventually they die and it's a new keyboard job.

Thanks for your thoughts. I tried another anti-virus program scan and I don't know if it has fixed the problem permantely or not. I'm not crippled in my typing right now. Hope this stays.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back