Missing DLL

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by mick42, Feb 24, 2002.

1. mick42

mick42 OSNN Addict

I have just run a program that detects problems on your pc(Demo),after scanning it came up with the following.Invalid Microsoft Shared File:The following was not found on your hard drive during the scan:C:\Windows\System\DBMSSHRN.DLL.Any one know how to get this back.
    Cheers.
    Mick.

2. DrX

DrX Guest

Go to a command prompt and type

sfc /scannow

and have your XP CD ready

3. mick42

mick42 OSNN Addict

No Luck

DrX,thanks for the reply,I tried that and still got same,I am really a novice at this so I will describe the steps I took and you can tell me if I did it right,brought up command prompt,typed sfc/scannow,prompted to insert xp cd,this I did,and then box appeared(Windows File Protection)and "Please wait while Windows verifies that all protected files are intact and in their original versions".At the same time the xp installation box appeared which I canceled.After the check is finished I am left with just the command prompt,I typed exit and enter.Is this ok or am I doing something wrong.
    Cheers
    Mick.

4. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

What program are you running exactly? If it's a registry scanner then you 'should' be able to allow it to remove the invalid registry entry with no ill affects.

5. mick42

mick42 OSNN Addict

The program is Pc Doctor OnCall(www.PcDocRx.com).It was recommended in Computeractive Magazine here in the UK.

Mick.

6. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

That file is no used or needed in windows XP, that pc doctor program seems to not be up to date hence why it thinks that file should be there. so your fine :)