Missing dial up connections

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by silence, Jun 24, 2002.

1. silence

silence Guest

Hey guys, I had a quick look through the Read Me but couldn't find anything pertinent to my problem.

Usually I had 2 dial up connections in the connections folder, but now they have disappeared from that folder. They're still there, because it'll tell me so if I try to create another one under the names I used before. Also I can still dial up by choosing a default connection and using an internet program. But now I don't get a notification (the icon in the system tray)
    and the only connections I have in the connections folder are my LAN connections.

Any ideas?

2. silence

silence Guest

bump! need help!

3. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

If they have disappeared but are still there have you checked your settings in Folder Options to make sure it is set to show hidden files? :confused:

4. silence

silence Guest

nah that's checked, always got that on. Anyway dial up connections can't be hidden... well it isn't an option I've seen anyway :)

5. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

you could create a shortcut on the desktop and link it to the file.

6. silence

silence Guest

Yeah thanks for the tip but I still don't have notification in the system tray :/

7. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

:confused: wierd

8. silence

silence Guest

Well anyone got any other ideas, I dread having to format again and reinstall :/

9. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

Perhaps using System Restore and rolling back to a date when you could see both connections?

10. silence

silence Guest

A friend of mine fixed it while I was overseas, I'll ask him how he did it and post it here.