Minor Windows Update Problem

G

Gravis

Does anyone knows how to make Windows Update display information in English after it has decided to display everything in another language? Incidentally I must say that I did once use the Windows facility to display programs with non-unicode characters in French just for one time for the purposes of running a French cd-rom. But it seems Windows somehow conveyed that information to Windows Update which liked the idea of speaking French so much that it decided to stick with it. As I know French this isn't too much of a problem but still I would like to able to fix this.

g to regional settings (dont know the french for that)
And change all the local settings to english or custom. Also set your location to U.S. or U.K. or another english-speaking country, so, MS sites will take you to that site, and in that language.

If you only want to change the language within IE (used for windows update)
Open Internet options on the Tab 'General' you will find a button labelled 'Languages'. Add the english language and set the order to:
English
<other language>

After you've done this Windows Update will display everything in English...

Gert-Jan

french!!!!!!!!

I speak both english and french even had xppro in french some of my buddy's dont speak enough english (Montreal Canada) the winxp pro in french does not get one quarter of the updates we get in english, that seem's very wrong to me when people pay big $ and cannot even get the needed updates I swear I never seen more than 5 updates total in french for xp pro:eek: :eek: :eek:

Thanks to everybody here for taking the time to answer. Gajef, I followed your advice and the problem was solved. Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back