Mininova flattened by Dutch court

Please format your posts properly and use correct English sentence structure. Your posts are hard to read and while you may have valid points not many people are going to read them.

LOL your a goof man talk about piratebay or mininova I think the grammar is fine if you can read.

If your posts were fine I would not have pointed out a problem with them. Fix the problem or go somewhere else.

Halo 3 is popular cause people thought it might end up cool cause halo 1 was cool. COD is good i agree one of the few games that are these days. L4D is BORING Crysis I already gave my opinion and guitar might be one of the few good ones. You mentioned the 3 or 4 games out of hundreds of other games maybe thousands if you were speaking in years that were not good. And you spelled grammar wrong. And if you read my bad grammer correctly you would see that I said MOST OF. I didnt say I dismissed EVERYTHING as rubbish. ahaha rubbish. Also I'm here to make a point not get in a spelling B. If you disagree then disagree or make a point you dont have to be a-n-a-l retentive.
I wasn't trying to start an argument, it just gets me when people knock quality products when they couldn't make anything near as good themselves.
I could say negative things about blizzard, but I'm not because I know how much time and effort goes in to making a popular video game.

If i had to guess.... mostly because of missing/improper punctuation, as well as starting a couple sentences with "and".

Additionally no line space between paragraphs, incorrect you/your/you're or there/their/they're usage.

If you take the time to write properly, people will take the time to read. If you just throw up a wall of text most people will ignore your post.

Don't they teach English in schools any more these days?

i heard demoniod has been close/reported to mpaa/riaa - any truth to that rumour?

I wasn't trying to start an argument, it just gets me when people knock quality products when they couldn't make anything near as good themselves.
I could say negative things about blizzard, but I'm not because I know how much time and effort goes in to making a popular video game.

Who says I cant make something better? You know me? Also what did I knock that offended you? Sorry if you think Hollywood made so many great movies in the last 2 years but, I don't think they did. I see one every so often, 1 out of maybe 50 or 100, and hell yeah I can make a better movie if I had millions of dollars to make one with, even with 200k I can.I wouldn't be doing it just to get some cash.

You're like standing up for the people that are trying to take down P2P. That's what it sounds like and you know, you will never live the rich life style they live. Did P2P make Hollywood poor? I don't think so, if anything they are whining because, they are not making as much money because, people don't like 90% of what they make now and they have the need to blame something for it.

If you like it well good, go watch it then, I have better things to do with my time than waste 2 hours of "learning time" on making a cruddy movie's director rich. How do I win at all like that? I don't!!! I lose 2 hours of time to a bad movie and, I lose money for renting it. If I can download it first, even a bad quality CAM video, well then I can see if I want to buy it when it's on DVD or watch it in the cinema before I do, spend my money, and feel like I wasted money I worked for. GO PIRATEBAY

It didn't start with thepiratebay.org, but was preceded by Napster, followed by Supernova, torrentreactor at some point, among others...

And take a large thing downloaded, TV shows. These things are broadcast over the airwaves, and the only thing they can argue is "well there are commercials in it" (how many depends on the type of network, as arguably fewer and fewer people watch the big 5, and viewership went to premium channels, or at least "cable network" which is a bit of a misnomer (hence my previous term for it) due to satilite systems like Dishnetwork and it's competitors a fair time ago. And then local in this area, I've got FiOS, which isn't exactly either, and through the phone company.

And to the "but there's commercials", some networks are starting to put their TV shows on the Internet, some of them, however... And again, I'm not talking the big 5. There was a time in which "over the public air waves" would have been termed public domain; and case in point for this alternative definition from protected content, a phone call which doesn't go over a land line, but goes over a cell network is not protected in terms of privacy or from eaves droping, the basic argument "no wire tap is in place, it was just taken out of the air waves".

Ah well, they'll just end up driving things either a. to countries in which the ability to twist arms is less likely due either language barriers or legal ones, or b. to countries that wouldn't exactly be friendly to the RIAA and the like. Countries that would tell these people to take a hike, as happened when the RIAA tried to force the extradition of 2 Russian programers for making DeCSS in no violation of Russian law.

The alternative, is that bit torrent becomes dead, but a replacement is found, which is harder to track, (for instance P2P networking without a constant tracker that can be followed or quelched), and much more anonymous.

Oh, and on the commercials, it's long since been known that the fast forward button or a commercial skip feature bilt into many VCRs accomplished much the same, some even pausing during commercial, and resuming the record function after. DVRs afford much the same functionality, and many TV plans (such as the triple pack I have with Verizon FiOS do come with free DVR services bundled in for much the same convenience.

the problem I have with a lot of games is that First Person games (mostly shooters) give me motion sickness. Since NWN2 and Mass Effect came out the next CRPG worth getting isn't coming out until November 6 here in the UK and ME2 is still 3 or 4 months after that.

The redevelopment of WoW isn't slated until atleast november 2010 so classic WoW where my toons are stuck is incredibly boring as well. Though I may just reactivate my account so I can finish the original content before cataclysm comes out :)

Even now, there are some basic support problems that come up. It would take awhile to mention all the various bugs and general problems run into with WoW now, but I'll give some highlights.

- The idea behind a weekly maitenance, is prevanative maitenance, to prevent things from going wrong. However, of late it seems maitenance night precedes some rather serious issues.

* For instance, one maitenance night, servers come back up, realms unstable, they're taken right back down, and worked on. An 8 hour maitenance becomes a 14 hour shutdown, as they have to be taken right back down

* Following a maitenance night, servers up, and latency issues are extreme. This is neither frame rate related, or related to ping times (people are seeing rather bad latency, such as where it took me 5 seconds to caste an explosive shot (instant caste), and the mages were complaining their spells weren't going off. This was realm wide, and effected everyone, shown ping time for me? 128 ms.

* OK, so we were in ToC 25 with that going on, and next thing you know, instance servers crashed. We just got the 4th boss down, and... Umm loot despawned, had to put in a TT. Bliz's queue for GMs was so swamped, it took 4 days before they could get to the trouble ticket.

* Another week, instance server crashed, everyone auto-ported to Dalaran, realm couldn't handle the entire realm population in Dal at once. Realms have repeated world server crash issues following. Some of us when we got ported there from a raid, fell through Dal, fell through Crystalsong Forests ground, and died buried in the ground, no way to res. Had to get a game master to unstick us. All this from a crash of the instance server in Ulduar, raid waits as everyone tries to get situated.

* Another week, weekly maitenance, realms come back up, the BG servers crash, and yet another the Northrend world server constantly goes between up and down state.

* Constant realm lag issues; bliz suggests it's addons, so peeps turn off all communication between addons such as recount and the like, it doesn't go away.

After pointing fingers, and it doesn't go, bliz finally opens a thread on their support forums for certain battlegroups (the realm I play on is in the bloodlust battle group, which is among mentioned), and asks the users for info what's going on, as they don't seem to have tracking for this, or any clue what's going on. And it seems their maitenance precedes something else going wrong :eek:

There one has the short version of some of it at present. And on 3.2, there were things that went bonkers with old content, that when I was on the PTR, I admitedly didn't think to beta test, as I didn't think it would get broaken. It wasn't new stuff. I guess next time I'm on the PTR, I should start playing old content also, just in case.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back