minidv micromv?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Kush, Apr 4, 2003.

1. Kush

Kush High On Life!

many of my friends have minidv and micromv digital video cameras and i wanted to know what are the differences between the two standards? just quality? the size of the camera its self? or all the mircomv ones i saw were sony so maybe somthing with them? just wanted to know cuz i might be getting a dv camera soon!:happy:

2. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

the only advice i have is this..

MicroMV appears to be a sony-only technology. that reason alone would be enough to cause me to lean towards getting a MiniDV camera.

3. Kush

Kush High On Life!

yeah

um i found out that it records in mpeg2 thats all so is that better than dv?:happy:

4. Indomidable

Indomidable Guest

DV Digital Video
    Mpeg2 = Standard Digital Video Compression for Cable TV, and Sat TV.

I would say that the real determiners would be how much Video can be stored and what features are importand to you.

Most of the time it's got a diffrent name and all that's really for is to not pay Royaltys to someone so they make some modifications enhance something and call it something else.

Don't be decieved by a name. Look at Microsoft's WMP's vs MP3's really no sound diffrence and a bit better compression.

VCD's are Mpeg4 / DiviX

You decide what features you like, warranty, etc., and buy it. I prefer to check out what others who've purchased the product feel about it.

Opps forgot to answer your question. Since Mpeg2 is a Digital Video compression then it's still Digital Video or DV; so they are the SAME.:cool:

5. Kush

Kush High On Life!

umm man vcd's are mpeg1 fyi.:happy:

6. Herkalees

Herkalees Guest

Hey, e-mail me and I'll go over all this stuff with you... Just no time now, as I'm on my lunch break.

I work with these cams all day long and know a pretty good amount about them...

herkalees@yahoo.com