MiniDisc

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by renakuajo, Sep 23, 2002.

1. renakuajo

renakuajo Guest

i saw that sony vaio have a minidisc drive. i was wondering if anyone knows where i can find a minidisc drive to buy to add to my pc

2. Friend of Bill

Friend of Bill What, me worry?

IBM (Big Blue).:D They need the work!:rolleyes:

3. mbunny

mbunny Guest

MiniDisc drive???

do u mean Memory Stick?

Cause MiniDiscs hold crap all in terms of data. Theres probably a commercial product out there somewhere..

4. renakuajo

renakuajo Guest

nope i mean MiniDisc, i hate memory stick

5. mavis

mavis Guest

hmm, I've been looking for a MiniDisc drive for YEARS, but no such luck ... It's not exactly rocket science, right? I mean lot of people use MD (especially in Asia), it only makes sense to make a drive out of it ... :rolleyes:

Oh well. Closest thing I can find here in Japan is a desktop MD unit which interfaces by USB, called NetMD. Unfortunately it's made by Sony, which means that you need their proprietary software to run it (which of course includes anti-piracy tools, like limits on which songs can be recorded and how many times, etc) ... Oh well. The other thing is that the cost is prohibitively high, it's about $450USD right now ...

mavis

6. Angst

Angst Guest

7. renakuajo

renakuajo Guest

thanks mavis!! wow thats high!!

mavis in other note: do your themes had any problem after the install sp1

8. Goatman

Goatman Ska Daddy

Mavis, that is wrong, the software "Simple Burn" that comes with the MD and you can download doesn't have the copy right protection.