Mini SD problem

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Vanquished, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Vanquished

Vanquished Mr. Bananagrabber Political User

Hey guys, my friend has a problem

"I have a MiniSD 1gb card that works in my phone (Audiovox SMT5600)- it will connect, transfer files, read and write just fine. But when I put thet card in my computer (through a miniSD adapter), windows will recognize the hardware, but it fails to read any files off of it. When I click on the "E:\" drive, the computer asks if I want to format it. Figuring that formating would allow the PC to read it, i clicked YES. Next an error pops saying the card is not formatable. So... any idea what I could do to access files off the card from the computer? Could it just be the adapter is faulty? I can still manipulate files through the phone, but I'd like to be able to use the card independently."

Any help?
    Thanks,
    Jack

2. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

I have seen where windows wont format a floppy but if I open up a command prompt and use the dos commands to format it works..

3. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

If the option presents itself, try another card reader. Or, you could get one for 20 some odd bucks at a store to try, and return it if necessary.

4. jaytheguru

jaytheguru OSNN One Post Wonder

I had the same problem with my old hard drive which had "FAT32" on. I think the NTFS format OS tend to play up with FAT32. Im not sure though. I have tried several times to connect my old hard drive as slave and taking the documents out of it but no avail. atlast I skip the hard drive as it was no use to me anymore.

Kind Regards

Jay