Millionaire Major

Discussion in 'Funny Farm' started by dk2, May 22, 2003.

1. dk2

dk2 Guest

Major Charles Ingram hung himself the other night.

Chris Tarrant said he would pay for half his funeral, but not the coffin...

:D

2. Codasmd

Codasmd Old School XPeriencer

If I lived to be 100, I still wouldnt get that joke.

3. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

youre not the only who doesnt get it [​IMG]

4. Codasmd

If I saw that dk2 was in like Zimbabwae or Iceland, I might chalk it up to Regional humor.

But...

5. mick42

mick42 OSNN Addict

dk2,I was just going to post that joke,beat me to it.For our non uk friends,let me try to explain.In the uk there is a popular tv games show hosted by Chris Tarrant called "who wants to be a millionaire"What happens is a contestant answers a series of questions from £100,(I think)up to a£1000000.Each set of questions has 4 answers,he/she has to pick right answer,obviously.He/She has 3 help chances,50/50,phone a friend,ask the audience.The amount of money goes up in stages,so the questions get harder,anyway,a real army major named Ingram was found guilty of cheating after a friend in the audience basically coughed when the major read out the questions.There was a documentary on the affair and it was unbelievable.To me and the vast majority of uk public he was guilty as sin.He and his friend and wife still deny any wrong doing.Hence the coughing/coffin joke.If he had stopped at say £64,000,he may have got away with it,but he got greedy,and went for a million,by that time the producers etc were aware that something was up.

Mick.

6. Codasmd

Ah, ok. I did hear about this, though the names were quickly forgotten.

Still....tough joke.

7. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

my mother saw em in town yesterday, she felts like spitting at em.
    ashamed the army ;p

8. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

Musta be warmin up for a run at public office (politics). :p

9. rushm001

rushm001 In the beginning...... Political User

The programme makers Cleador are apparently bringing the story out as a film!! Whatever Next.

10. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

coffin == coughing

mick said it earlier sorry

11. Leevoy

Leevoy Guest

Well myself he should have sued for the royalties on the special show released as it had an estimated 18,000,000 viewers.

He should have been given the money neways. It don't say newhere in the rules that you can't respond to coughing.

I did see a headline that Charlie boy was selling his secrets to the yanks.

Who wants to be a millionaire is now the lamest game show jointly with the weakest link.

It's too predictable and I am pissed that when some guy i knew was on 500k he never knew the 1000k answer which was who plays their cricket at Chester-le-Street, I know that's Durham CCC if he would ahve phoned me I would have only asked for 250K, not being greedy or nowt.

If you're from England and you don't know that Durham CCC plays their Cricket at Chester-le-Street you must need a labotomy from the neck up.

BTW the joke was lame :p

12. rushm001

rushm001 In the beginning...... Political User

God I hope the coughing isn't catchy. I might be accused of cheating in my exam next week!!!