Migrate User Settings

I

i_pedal

I just upgraded to XP Pro so I could get on my domain. I need to migrate my settings to my new user name. I thought I'd seen something in XP somewhere that did that.
thanks,
bill g

What I've understood : you've modified your computer name and want to enable administrator settings to it or .. ??

Start->Accessories->System Tools->Files and Settings Transfer Wizard

Is tha what your're looking for?

JJB

Hey thanks for reply guys.
Yes on both counts. My domain login name is different than the existing user name(s), so when I set up XP to login to the domain I made another user(admin) with the domain login name but all my old stuff is gone. I was copying from the old documents and settings folders to the new user name D&S folders but some stuff still isn't right.
Makes me wonder can I reassign my old user name to login with my domain login but keep the same Documents and Settings folders from when I was logging in locally. Does that make sense? That's when I went hunting for the Transfer Wizard.
thanks again,
bill g

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back