Midnights in a week (how many)

In my opinion:

I like it here because it is more kicked back -I go for the humorous things when I get bored. Although the info is very good here also.

I like it there because of the very good info (presented in a perhaps more formal way) and quite a few of the same people are at both places. If you check it out - one of their administrators frequents here quite often and provides a lot of help - both here and there.

I would hate to have to give up either one!

I used to be there before but left. Now I’m here and went back to there recently, as it seems to be more technical but not that much. Here is definitely a better place to be from the users point of view as I’ve always found it hardest to solve the simple things in computing like “have you switched it on” type problems. Here is also more personal and friendly.

:) :) ;)

How many midnights in a week?

Well this depends if you stand still or move about the earths surface as the description of midnight relies on the sun being exactly placed between your current location and it, in relation to the mass of the planet (earth) being between you and the sun (our nearest star) or the greatest distance whichever comes first.

The question is of course invalid, as midnight does not exist, as it’s a variable never defined. In fact time (and its measurements) were introduced to allow railway timetables across time zones to be compatible with other timetables.

Why are we so hung-up on time, which in fact does not exist?

Originally posted by mavis
might seem strange, but here in Japan, there are only five midnights each week! I thought it was odd when I first got here, but I'm getting used to it now.

I'm sorry guys, it was just a stupid joke :D Please don't flame me now ;) :) :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back