Microwave isp. speed tweak?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by k5blazer, Feb 9, 2004.

1. k5blazer

k5blazer Rough but Ready

I don't know if this goes here but just got this new isp. got microwave wireless using alvarion. would like to know how to max the speed out of this ?
    Moved and had cable isp. sure seemed alot faster ? Stats reports 10mbs ??

AMD 2400+ 1 Gig Ram 2Gig hd Nv MB lighton DVD burner Pioneer comb. Teac power amp for speakers 2 X 6" and 8" Speakers

2. j79zlr

j79zlr Glaanies script monkey Political User

what are the caps of your connection? 10mbps seems high, or is that just what you LAN connection is reporting?

3. k5blazer

k5blazer Rough but Ready

I'm new at this what are capsof your con I'm running XP PRO the network con shows that I would like to know the real speed ?

Thanks

4. j79zlr

You should have a cap rate given by your ISP. Something like 1500kbps download and 384kbps upload. I haven't dealt with any microwave-typpe connections. One well to guess at your caps is to run a speed test and post the results. http://chi.speakeasy.net

5. k5blazer

k5blazer Rough but Ready

I run the broadband test it came up download speed at 494 kbps.
    upload speed 120 kbps .
    that sounds pretty good but still seems slow compared to what I was used to the cable
    Thank you

6. j79zlr

ok, your cable probably was significantly faster. I would guess from that that you are either 512 or 768kbps download and 128kbps upload.

Post a TCP analyzer test here, MTU section on down. http://www.speedguide.net/analyzer.php