Microsoft Word 2003 Crashing non-stop

Punkrulz

Somewhat eXPerienced
Hey guys,

I'm having this really horrible problem with my work computer. For some reason whenever I go to type in this one document, the program locks up, I am completely unable to work with it. It keeps my CPU Usage at 100% and the program just hangs. Sometimes event log tells me about an application hang for winword, sometimes not...

What could possibly be causing this? This computer is a 2.0GHz Celeron with 378mb Ram, and nothing else locks up. I still haven't tried any other documents, but this never crashed before... I've uninstalled and reinstalled the program numerous times, and it is still crashing...

What would cause this? Is there anything I should look for in the document?

Thanks!

1) Where did you find the elusive 378mb ram stick?

2) The simple solution is to ditch that document if that's the only one crashing

3) I'd look for some messed up hidden formatting.

1) Whoops, typed the wrong numbers, I have 384mb memory.

3) No strange formatting code. I can upload the document for you, It's pretty much just a template on our Weekly status reports here for work... and it crashes at different times inside the document.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back