Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse problem

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Deeptrance, Jun 26, 2003.

1. Deeptrance

Deeptrance Guest

I just bought a Microsoft Wireless Optical Blue mouse and every once in awhile it will catch and stop moving. Ive looked at the optic lense and theres nothing blocking it. Ive tried using a flat surface, and tried a mouse pad. No difference. Do you think it could be a faulty mouse?

Any ideas? Thanks :(

2. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

if the batteries are fine... perhaps the problem is with a repeating pattern surface... sometimes these can cause jumps..

if it is not quite jumping but locking in position for a while... it may well be something wrong with the sampler...

considering increasing the sample rate in your mouse settings higher...

perhaps you may want to consider rma'ing it if after testing it doesn't appear to be helping out any...

3. Deeptrance

Deeptrance Guest

Thanks for the info. The mouse pointer will move flawlessly, then stick at certain times. Ive tried moving it slow, fast, etc. Still sticks for some reason. By sampling rate, do you mean acceleration speed of the mouse? I have that increased to almost the maximum.

I was also reading that magnetic devices could interfere with the wireless mouse and its hub. I do have a small speaker sitting close to the mouse hub, so that may be the problem?

:confused:

4. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

optical mice basically work by taking 'pictures' :)

sample rate == number of 'pictures' taken...

by increasing it... your battery life does go down (if you have wireless) but your scrolling becomes smoother... :)

there should be an option to change sample rate in your mouse control panel... if you installed all appropriate software... you should have an option to change sample pattern