Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse problem

D

Deeptrance

I just bought a Microsoft Wireless Optical Blue mouse and every once in awhile it will catch and stop moving. Ive looked at the optic lense and theres nothing blocking it. Ive tried using a flat surface, and tried a mouse pad. No difference. Do you think it could be a faulty mouse?

Any ideas? Thanks :(

if the batteries are fine... perhaps the problem is with a repeating pattern surface... sometimes these can cause jumps..

if it is not quite jumping but locking in position for a while... it may well be something wrong with the sampler...

considering increasing the sample rate in your mouse settings higher...

perhaps you may want to consider rma'ing it if after testing it doesn't appear to be helping out any...

Originally posted by Sazar
if the batteries are fine... perhaps the problem is with a repeating pattern surface... sometimes these can cause jumps..

if it is not quite jumping but locking in position for a while... it may well be something wrong with the sampler...

considering increasing the sample rate in your mouse settings higher...

perhaps you may want to consider rma'ing it if after testing it doesn't appear to be helping out any...

Thanks for the info. The mouse pointer will move flawlessly, then stick at certain times. Ive tried moving it slow, fast, etc. Still sticks for some reason. By sampling rate, do you mean acceleration speed of the mouse? I have that increased to almost the maximum.

I was also reading that magnetic devices could interfere with the wireless mouse and its hub. I do have a small speaker sitting close to the mouse hub, so that may be the problem?

:confused:

Originally posted by Deeptrance
Thanks for the info. The mouse pointer will move flawlessly, then stick at certain times. Ive tried moving it slow, fast, etc. Still sticks for some reason. By sampling rate, do you mean acceleration speed of the mouse? I have that increased to almost the maximum.

I was also reading that magnetic devices could interfere with the wireless mouse and its hub. I do have a small speaker sitting close to the mouse hub, so that may be the problem?

:confused:

optical mice basically work by taking 'pictures' :)

sample rate == number of 'pictures' taken...

by increasing it... your battery life does go down (if you have wireless) but your scrolling becomes smoother... :)

there should be an option to change sample rate in your mouse control panel... if you installed all appropriate software... you should have an option to change sample pattern

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back