Microsoft Wireless Laser 8000

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by assclown, Jun 18, 2009.

1. assclown

assclown OSNN Citizen Man

Ok. SO i bought the Microsoft Wireless Lasrer 8000. VERY smooth. However, the light on it constantly flashes green and red. I can throw it on the charger and it will be just a green that fades in and out (charging?). But after a bit, it goes to the same green/red pattern. I came home from work today, and it was just a red flashing and i had to restart the computer because the blutooth was not working. Weird ****. I cannot find a technical guide to tell me WTF the red/green flashing is. Anyone have this mouse and know? Would love any help, insight, or ideas.

2. Temperal

Temperal OSNN Junior Addict

assclown and tdinc like this.
  3. assclown

Hey thanks! I looked at my mouse and it looks nothing like that one. It has a rocker arm in it that pushes up against a metal plate. I still tried the trick, but it doesn't help. I got an email back from Microsoft and they said it is most likely a pairing problem. I tried it with multiple USB ports and computers and operating systems. I think it is the mouse. It seems to work fine, but who knows if it will continue in the future.

4. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

Does it not tell you in the user guide?

5. assclown

You would think so huh!? However, no. It has no user guide. It comes with a pamphlet with technical details about mouse. A pamphlet of technical details and warnings for the class of laser it uses. And it comes with a quick start/hookup guide for using the mouse. Also, it has those same things on the CD. Furthermore, the same stuff is on the website for documentation for that mouse. Pretty lame. I am waiting for a response now from the guy i talked to. They might just warranty it out as he thinks the blutooth is not pairing correctly.

6. Temperal

Temperal OSNN Junior Addict

I looked at the tech guide and install guide on Microsofts site and they are really worthless. If MS thinks it is a pairing issue and you can't get it to pair with multiple devices it is starting to sound like it is defective. Are you able to return/exchange it?

7. assclown

Yeah. Once i emailed the tech guy that on multiple PCs and OSes it was having the same issue no matter what i do, he sent a reply asking for my name, address and phone number and stuff for a replacement. Thanks for everyones ideas.

8. assclown

Ok, so i got my new replacement mouse. No more problem, no more flashing red/green. Cased closed. However a cool note, the old mouse does work, and MS doesnt want it back :)

9. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

nice.