Microsoft Virtual Machine

Unfortunatly none of your solutions worked to give me java in all applications so.....I put in M.E. and upgraded to XP Booo Hissss

Hi,
this is my first post so i don`t know if this is the right forum to put it in.
I am a cooperative online banker , but since installing XP pro i can`t access my account .The site uses Java .I installed the latest plug-in from java.sun but that hasn`t fixxed the problem. Will installing the sp1 fix it.?

thanx
Andy

Well it should as it has a version of M$ Virtual Machine in it.

Those of you with java errors/problems, you might want to check your internet options.

Inside there, there are 2 tabs you need to check > security levels and Advanced options. Within both these tabs there are various java/javascript settings to play around with. Installing a jvm wont do squat if its blocked or isnt enabled properly ;)

Security update is now available in the Microsoft site. Downloaded it and norton update crashed. Good-eh!!

i have the computer setup so that it downloads the latest updates and installs them without me having to press a single button!!!

MS Java Machine

MS took it down and when you try to get it through the pop up it is a dead end. I was going to send a copy I saved but someone posted a link to the old version you asked for. FYI, if you ever need a new java applet that works w/ XP go to sun.com, they have a downloadable Java machine that works with XP and 2000.

Cheers.

Go Download Microsoft Java Virtual Machine for Windows 9x/Me/NT/XP Build 3805

Here

MS VM IN SP1

Microsoft hasnt really been doing much to update VM.

Now, I have been out of touch for a short time so I could be wrong. I personally just went to Java.sun and downloaded it from them. Works great.:D

ah, grasshopper

I see you have learned well..here here:cool:

I get this problem with every install of XP. I use the VM vers. Sun's is a little "ratchety" for most sites I visit, and fails at some.
(Pogo and Game House are good barometers) true they're game sites, but I don't like restrictions.
Most of MS's "partnered" programs are corpulent and tend to use more resources, but they work better than most.
my 2¢ db.

Micro$haft vs. Sun

Sorry it took so long to respond, Microsoft and Sun Microsystems, are having big confrontation. Sun being the designer of java forbid the use of JVM for any of the latest versions of Windows. To get it directly from Sun, go here

That is what we call, in statistics, a critical $#%$ing point!
:p

when i try to download the java player from java.sun.com when the other screen comes up showin its downloadi it doesnt do anything

when i try to download the java player from java.sun.com when the other screen comes up showin its downloadi it doesnt do anything

when i try to download the java player from java.sun.com when the other screen comes up showin its downloadi it doesnt do anything can anyone help

do you have any Internet Security (am thinking of Norton) software active ??? if so put it off.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back