Microsoft PCM Converter woes

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by AlphaGremlin, Jun 3, 2003.

1. AlphaGremlin

AlphaGremlin Guest

This codec seems to have been uninstalled along with the Nimo Codec Pack (invalid codec killed DirectShow), and now half my wave files don't play correctly, or at all. My Audio Codec list now consists of WMA, DivX Audio, MP3, Ogg and Indeo. :confused:
    I'm missing several other codecs compared to my other computer, but can't work out how to reinstall them!
    Quartz.dll (DirectShow) goes suicidal when I attempt to play a wave that isn't PCM (One game I have uses Dialogic format waves, they play rather distorted now) and will crash when you exit the program.

2. Petros

Petros Thief IV

Try this

There are more codec packs than Nimo (plus Nimo broke the audio in No One Lives Forever 2 which vexed me:mad: ). Try the Kazaa Lite Codec Pack (it doesn't include Indeo, so I found another site that did. That's a hard codec to get!)

Intel Indeo Video 5

Kazaa Lite Codec Pack

3. AlphaGremlin

AlphaGremlin Guest

Got it. Installed it. Doesn't help. Although it actually works, unlike the Nimo one, it didn't fix the problem.

4. Petros

Petros Thief IV

I dunno...maybe this might work.

I updated my previous post with a link to the K-Lite Full codec pack. I'm getting a vibe from google that this is Ogg Vobris-related. K-Lite Full installs it, unlike K-Lite Basic.

5. AlphaGremlin

AlphaGremlin Guest

I have K-Lite Codec Pack 2.03 Full installed.
    Like I said, I'm missing that codec, it's one that comes with Windows\Media Player and I can't get it back.
    I've reinstalled Media Player, reinstalled Audio Codecs by removing them in Safe Mode, tried everything I can think of.
    My parents desktop computer (which plays the sounds correctly) has more codecs, including:
    IMA ADPCM Audio Codec
    Microsoft ADPCM Audio Codec
    Microsoft CCITT G.711
    Microsoft GSM 6.10
    Microsoft PCM Converter
    lhacm.acm
    msg723.acm

How do I get these back! I have none of the Microsoft Codecs anymore.