Messenger Service Popups

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by NegativeFactor, Jan 23, 2003.

1. Is anyone else getting these damn 'Messenger Service' popups?
    There basically just message grey message boxs with advertisements in them. I thought it was realated to windows messager, but i haven't even got that loaded!

I'll post one when the next one comes.
  2. Un4gIvEn1

Un4gIvEn1 Moderator

Right click on "My Computer" (this is assuming that you have XP or 2000) select "Manage." "Services and Applications", "Services" Find the "Messenger" service. Right click on it and select "Properties" Set "Startup type" to "Disabled"
    "Stop" the service. There, you should never see one of those again. The messenger service is not used by most home users. It is in no way related to MSN Messenger. Hope this helps.
  3. rettahc

rettahc Guest

Its the windows messenger service, not the MS messenger. They are two different things. To stop the messages go into your services and shut down the messenger service.
  4. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

Amstelveen, The Netherlands
    nope i never get the, :(;)
    they arent related to windows messenger, theyare related to a messenger service from microsoft. you can disable it. but i dont know how.
  5. Cheers for that mate, makes sense that that will do the trick. So that is what picks up all 'net send' events put onto the network.

Cheers for the responses everyone.