Messenger problem [ videoconferince ]

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Cosmin, Nov 30, 2002.

1. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

Using Windows Messenger 4.7.0101

- impossible to make a videoconferencing cause messenger gives me an message :

Me

You cannot have a voice conversation with Antonyo. This person needs one or more of the following: a computer sound card, version 4.0 or later of MSN Messenger or Windows Messenger, permission from his or her network administrator.

Windows XP Professional 2600 built
    and all others

The other person

You can't accept this request because video and voice conversation is only available on Windows XP. Please ask Cosmin to send you a voice only conversation request.

Windows 98 Second Edition
    and all others

My device : Creative WebCam Pro

Also doesn't work voice conversation .. :blink:

I don't have any ideea what should it be ? Any ideeas ?

Thanks a lot ! :rolleyes:

2. jw50

jw50 OSNN Senior Addict

You can only do video conferencing between Windows Messenger clients or between MSN Messenger clients, i.e., both of you must be using XP or both of you must be using a version of Windows other than XP. Using MSN Messenger 5.0 might solve your problem but a better way is for both of you to download Yahoo Messenger and use that for the video conferencing.

3. Alex_is_Axel

Alex_is_Axel .:: FTPAlex ::.

Yea.. Yahoo Messenger Conferencing definatly works.. and can work alot better too. I cant even start my video and voice conferencing on MSN Messenger, i havent got a clue why