Messenger - Mobile device

E

Echelon

Greetings,

I have Windows Messenger (with the 4.6 update and the add-ins). I also have a cell phone account that allows 2 way SMS (text messaging). I would like to activate the option that allows buddies to send a text message to the mobile device, through their Messenger interface.

The problem:

Open Messenger - Tools - Edit my mobile settings
Phone number is entered. Under mobile settings, the allow people to send messages ... option is greyed out. When I select the Mobile Settings button, an MSN window with the link: http://mobile.msn.ca/hotmail/confirmUser.asp?URL=/messengerok.htm&mobID=1, but displays the message, "HTTP 500: Internal Server Error. The page cannot be displayed "

I have notified MSN mobile, but they have yet to provide a solution...

Anyone else experience this or find a solution ?

Thanks.

the page works now, when you get a internal server error that is on their end and they need to fix it, just try the page again and see if it works

hmmmm....

LOL - It has yet to work for me. Went back and tried again, with the intention of refreshing, etc and a Congratulations screen came up on the first try. ugh...

While this is promising, it has unfortunately not the problem. That screen advises that: to begin receiveing messages, sign out then sign back into the Messenger... I have done that. Unfortunately, the option to Allow people in my contact list to send messages still remains greyed out.

To confirm, I left my messenger active, and switched users, logging into a different profile, and signing into Messenger under that account. It recognizes that my primary account is online (away). When I select Send a message to a mobile device a pop up advises that none of the contacts has set up their mobile information.

Grrrrr....

Just for my own info, has anyone out there been successful in activating this feature?

Thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back