Messenger has a chubby for newer version

T

Thaine

messenger tells me that a newer version is available, and the longest it lets me put off the reminder is one week. is there anyway to put this off permanately. i found the string in the registry that it changes when i tell it to leave me alone for a week, perhaps if i copied that string and forced it to reload it everytime windows is restarted it wouldnt keep remindin me... any thoughts? (and no i dont want the newer version)

If it is windows update that keeps telling you about the update (via the systray) you can turn off notification for messenger on the update site.

1) goto windows update page.

2) Scan for updates (which should find messenger)

3) Click personalize (sic) windows update

4) Find messenger and check box to hide it.

This should stop it from prompting update.

I wouldn't hack around in the registry unless you can find someone to tell you exactly how to do it.

Ritchie.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back