Meet Nasa~ My new rig

Great looking rig and yes you will need to upgrade your lame video card next week !

lol yeah just like I need to get a better rig too !!

congrats on the space rocket from hell

heh, you wont get 6000+ in 3dmark05 without 2gig of ram and an extra gpu.

hmm.... no one has answered my question yet about the extra ram should i RMA the second gig of it or just send it back for replacment... Anyone have input.

Replace it. More memory is always good.

yeah, sorry it took me so long :p The 2nd Gig helped a lot. I went from just under 5k in 3Dmark 05 to about 5500. And everything just feels more responsive. Games unload faster, desktop feels faster. I got it mainly for BF2 since its so ram intensive and I got a 10fps boost in that. So yes, I do recommend doing 2 gigs.

I got 5998 in 3Dmark 05 with the 2 gigs and my 6800GT OC to 416/1130 :laugh:

i don't see how going from one gig to two will increase benchmark scores at all. the extra memory will only help in circumstances where you're using it, like new games and large programs. even then, in games it will only help if you noticed your harddrive having to do a lot of swapping (hd light going berserk when you're playing) or if you had longer than normal load times with one gig.

if your benchmark scores went up after upgrading to two gigs, you must have activated dual channel or changed the memory frequency or timings in the bios.

Well, if you have ever ran 3Dmark 05... its pretty intense. And I think you are right about the dual channel bit, I may not have had it enabled before the 2nd gig. But BF2 was causing my computer to thrash so it did directly help there.
As far as timings I had to increase it from 1T to 2T, so I lost some there. 2T 2-3-3-6 are my current settings

with winamp playing and IE windows and some other stuff open, task manger showed pagefile usage at 209MB... i ran the first couple 3dmark05 benchmark tests and it went up to about 270MB. what window calls "page file usage" is actually physical memory plus the page file. anyway..

yeah, i haven't seen extra memory help FPS unless the harddrive was thrashing before the upgrade. i don't know how much bf2 uses, but it could easily be over a gig. bf1942 uses up to around 600mb.

eh i think it will just be easier to rma and get it back. then i can say i have 2 gigs hehe. Plus i do alot of weird things like watch tv on one monitor while playing dawn of war on the primary. Cant hurt it. havewnt had any time lately but looking forward to start overclocking.

I have 2 gigs and I really like it , I find it makes a nice difference in most everything I do its just that much smoother all around.

cool we essential have the same comp what 3dmark score are you pulling?

While Playing BF2, if I open Task manager its using about 900MB of ram and my PF is up to about .99Gigs.

anyone buy bf 2 yet.. been playing the demo just wondering what your impresions of the acuall game is. thinking of buying it tonight.

VenomXt said:
cool we essential have the same comp what 3dmark score are you pulling?

I used to benchmark alot and overclock with my other rigs now that I have this one and 2 jobs I just dont have much free time so when I am on here I like to try and play as many games as I can or other stuff like my dvd's and whatnots but I did get over 10k in 3dmark03 last time I checked. I dont overclock at all anymore and that was stock when I did it.

I preordered BF2, and I got it the otherday. Its a must buy for sure. Its a lot of fun. Not that I have ever been at war... but some of the moments in that game really feel like what it must be like. Just organized insanity... its fun. Bullets richocheting off stuff aroudn you, jets flying low overhead dropping bombs dirt flying up in the air tanks rolling buy... whoo... its so cool.

Figured id add the set up all done.

6fqxk5.jpg

6fqxyc.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back