Media Player Intercepts WinDVD

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by WorldWarGeneral, Nov 9, 2003.

1. When I insert a DVD into the DVD-ROM drive, I get the auto-run box that asks what you want to do. You can play it in either Media Player or WinDVD. When I select WinDVD, Media Player launches anyway. I tried setting the auto run feature to always launch WinDVD when a DVD disc is inserted, but Media Player still launches in place of WinDVD. I launched WinDVD manually and it played the DVD normally. I checked in the "Set Program Access and Defaults" thing, but there isn't an option for DVDs. Is there something really simple I'm missing here? Why has Media Player taken over?

2. Lukas

Lukas Real Name No Gimmicks

Hey General,

Try altering the auto run handlers using the properties page of your DVD Drive or using TweakUI

I don't know if TweakUI will let you delete the Media Pleyer handler, but try unchecking DVD Video.

Try changing the file assocation in Explorer -> Tools -> File types -> None, DVD Video to WinDVD.

Also, uncheck the DVD Video checkbox in MediaPlayer -> Tools -> Options -> File Types.

3. Awesome, thanks Lukas. Unchecking the DVD Video in Media Player did the trick.
  4. Lukas

Lukas Real Name No Gimmicks

np General,

I'm glad it worked :)