Media Player (funny behaviour), but I aint laughing!

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by stuy_b, Aug 27, 2002.

1. stuy_b

stuy_b Guest

Whenever I go to play an AVI or any video in MediaPlayer in full screen mode, the screen goes full-screen for afew seconds but then switch's back to a normal windowed view. I cant get full-screen no matter what!

When I 1st used media player it worked, and I have not changed anything Im aware of.

I have enabled full screen in advanced settings, but its not working, why could this be and does anyone know of a solution/fix. :confused:

Cheers

2. Eve

Eve Guest

If it hasn't been doing it long have you tried system restore?

3. stuy_b

stuy_b Guest

Good call Eve, but I wiped my restore points afew days ago, thinking everything was peachy!! :( sods law!

4. Eve

Eve Guest

I hate when that happens, I remember hearing about this before though. Not sure exactly how to fix it though. Have you done a search here? Or maybe there is an update on Windows Update? It's worth a try anyway.

5. stuy_b

stuy_b Guest

OK Eve, thanks babes ;)

6. danchev

danchev Guest

Stuy,

How did you wipe out your restore points, not that this is the subject. I want to get rid of mine and have looked all over for a place to do it, and find nothing.

Thanks,

Danchev,

7. anewhope

anewhope Guest

Wouldn't mind getting rid of a few of mine, i'm always chopping and changing things, so I must have a couple of million!

8. stuy_b

stuy_b Guest

Disk Cleanup from System Tools, click on the tab at top and tick delete restore points. et voila! :D ;)

Worth doing, it will delete all restore points except the very latest one. I free'd 6Gb!! by deleting them! :D

9. anewhope

anewhope Guest

Wow, makes me wonder how much it might be clogging up on my system..

10. stuy_b

stuy_b Guest

mind u thats a good 8months worth of restore points! lol

11. anewhope

anewhope Guest

Lol, i've only had my PC about that time! Reminds me, gotta install linux this afternoon, don't worry, i'm not the antichrist, need it for some course work!