media player 9

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by mboy007, Jul 20, 2002.

1. mboy007

mboy007 Guest

since i installed mp9 the words 'windows xp home edition for testing purposes only build 2600' have appeared in white on the bottom right of my desktop - is this due to mp9??!!!

2. watermark

Yes...wmp9 will places the 'windows xp home edition for testing purposes only build 2600' on the desktop...you need to get the watermark remover from the news page that talks about wmp9.

3. mboy007

mboy007 Guest

cheers for that - d/loaded a supposed zip file fix a minute ago from another thread but it didn't work! never mind....thanks for your help!!

4. seeme

seeme Guest

i dont have the time to look for it, but the original media player 9 thred has information on how to manually edit the registry. it does work. i followed the instructions and did it last night.

5. mboy007

mboy007 Guest

thanks - will go and have a look!!!!

6. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

worked for me

worked for me ......same message I got with the SP1 also ...just used the quick fix reg zip that was posted with it

I attached it here just incase :D

7. neoterixx

neoterixx Guest

Where can I get a copy of windows media player 9 ?

8. Shamus MacNoob

there was

There was a link on the front page of this site .... dunnoif its still there now but I know sites that were taken down at microsofts request guess we are not spose to have it right away or maybe there is an underlaying reason to what happened

9. Shamus MacNoob