Media Player 9 Fixed!!!

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by dadx2mj, Sep 25, 2002.

1. dadx2mj

dadx2mj Guest

Anybody having problems with the WMP 9 series should try the new beta release posted on the front news page. It has fixed all the issues (was having many) I was having with the first beta release.

2. seeme

seeme Guest

thanks for that! ill download it and have a look

3. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

I'm still not going to touch it. Not yet anyways.

4. Howling Wolf

Howling Wolf We did not deserve this !

I installed the latest build, works fine, bud sadly I don't get the minimized player in the task bar with commands (play, pause,...) anymore, didn't find the option...
    Any reason for this ?

5. yoyo

yoyo _________________

If nothing is wrong you first rightclick the taskbar choose toolbars, check Windows Media Player, then start Media Player and minimize it.

6. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Make sure you have the media player quick launch enabled.

7. MultiPle3

MultiPle3 Guest

Will this release allow you to uninstall it?

8. dadx2mj

dadx2mj Guest

I just checked and in the add/remove of control panel Windows Media Player is listed as remove only I have not tried it but it appears it can be uninstalled. I would only load it if you have already loaded the first beta of it and are having problems. If you have not I would wait until the final release is available

9. Howling Wolf

Howling Wolf We did not deserve this !

Thank you Electronic Punk & Yoyo for the tips ! I didn't enabled this in previous betas, was automatic...

10. I just tried it and I still couldn't play streaming video from the web... so i went back to WMP 8 (system restore). Let's just wait for the final release.

11. dadx2mj

dadx2mj Guest

Hum streaming web video just fine here in fact I have had no problems with it. That being said I have learned my lesson one more time about messing with beta software.