Media Player 8

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Kush, Apr 20, 2002.

1. Kush

Kush High On Life!

In windows Media Player 8 when i play some asf's or mpg's i cant fast forward if i try to it just puts the marker back to where it is. is there a way i can get around that?

2. Sprung

Sprung Guest

I have never really noticed it on MPGs, but I cannot FF or RW ASFs either. I don't believe that the ASF format provides for individual frame identifiers (guessing by reasoning), otherwise, you could use FF and RW.

3. Kush

Kush High On Life!

you are right

yeah sorry it hasnt happend on mpgs only asf's

4. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

ASF will only allow you to fast forward and rewind if it is an absolute complete stream that has been closed it seems. If it's only a partial stream that has any data missing on the end or is incomplete in anyway it seems to force you to suffer through the whole stream (yuck) I don't know the exact mechanics of why this is, but I tested it a few times when I was getting mad about one of my simpsons episodes not fast forwarding heheh

5. Kush

Kush High On Life!

Yeah

Yeah i undresstand, but is there a way to get around this like downloading a program or something?

6. dmtuc10

dmtuc10 Guest

If you use a program called divx fix you can strip the index of the file and play it normally without a problem:) :)