mcafee and windows update questions

duked

OSNN Addict
I use a Mcafee antivirus scanner and firewall. Version 10.0 for the virus scanner and build 7.1.113 for the firewall. DAT files are up to date as well. Often nowadays I find that the mcafee icon is black indicating something is disabled, hovering over the icon it says the personal firewall scan is disabled but when i double click it to open the security console it says everything is enabled and working fine. sometimes it will stay like that until i restart or in some instances the icon just goes back to red.

also, does anybody ever have a case where the windows update lightbulb icon appears in the system tray saying it's downloading updates but stays at 0% for roughly a minute or so and just goes away?

I've had similar issues with mcafee the last time i used it on my pc. couldn't work out what was causing the problem. i got rid of it when i last reinstalled windows.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back