Matt's Upgrade Thread

Thanks to Saz for all the advice I am almost ready to pull the trigger. The only thing I am unsettled and concerned about is the case.

I like the P150 for the following reasons...
  • It is the perfect size
  • It is said to be a great case
  • It is said to be very quiet
  • It is said to have a great HDD suspension system
  • It is said to have great cable management

I am concerned about the P150 for the following reasons...
  • It is said to be cramped inside
  • The PSU Saz has recommended is said to be bad in small cases
  • It is white in color
  • My drives are black in color and the case is white in color

Someone help me make up my mind. Thanks.

P160W bro, there are stealth covers so your drive colors won't be an issue.

Awesome case, I really love it :)

I know you were going to suggest that case. I don't like the side window. I don't like the front of it. I am a simple person, I like simple designs. Minimal designs.

madmatt said:
I know you were going to suggest that case. I don't like the side window. I don't like the front of it. I am a simple person, I like simple designs. Minimal designs.
The model is available without the window, P160.

But, the design is the same. I found it pretty simple, to each their own though ;)

madmatt said:
Thanks to Saz for all the advice I am almost ready to pull the trigger. The only thing I am unsettled and concerned about is the case.

I am concerned about the P150 for the following reasons...
  • It is said to be cramped inside
  • The PSU Saz has recommended is said to be bad in small cases
  • It is white in color
  • My drives are black in color and the case is white in color

Someone help me make up my mind. Thanks.

You don't HAVE to buy the psu I suggested. I would personally go with the PC P&C 510 SLi psu if possible.

The color is a little odd-ish but the stealth drives will mask your drives. Plus the entire case is under-stated. I like it :D I love my p-160 more though.

The inside of the product may be a little smaller than some others but this is typically only an issue if you have a gargantuan config and have crappy cable management.

If you have a local fry's, you can always check out some cases there and see if you like something better.

Thats where I picked up my case from.

PC P&C 510 SLI? Is that your recommendation? I assume you mean this one...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817703001

The only thing I dislike about the stealth drives is that you can't see the activity light. And what if the eject button doesn't line up? You know what I mean?

We don't have FRY Electronics around here. Only Best Buy and CompUSA.

You don't need activity lights honestly :D

I never see em, I can hear my drive when its in work.

So go with the P&C 510? You sure? Any thing else (besides the CPU and MB)?

When I get home consider it a done deal.

Purchase completed. I bought the remaining components.

Thank you to everyone who has offered advice. I will update the progress of this project.

The final components can be viewed in the original post.

:eek:

You forgot the pleasure munkeh

:eek:

:smoker:

Looks good dood. Take lotsa pics when you get it :)

If NewEgg sold one I'm sure I would have purchased it. I bought a fUnc mouse pad instead.

Thanks Saz, you've been a huge help. I appreciate it.

Thats what she said :cool:

Np punk. Do your thing and be happy :D

Sazar said:
You don't need activity lights honestly :D

I never see em, I can hear my drive when its in work.

Ok, that was funny, sadly true, but funny.

Everything shipped out today (three different shipments).

Two coming from New Jersey, one from Cali.

The two coming from New Jersey will be in today. Of course the one coming from Cali are the fans.

Last edited:
Newegg = the sh*t

Everything ships fast, and I'm sure you'll be a happy camper when you piece it together :)

I demand photos and benchmarks! :smoker:

I plan on taking a lot of photos. Benchmarks won't happen. I don't care about those. Just as long as every thing runs like it should.

I feel the same way about benchmarks, yea sometimes I like to see them from different systems, but I will never do them. Can't wait to see some pictures!

The packages have arrived. Newegg rushed it out the door and got it to me within two days of placing the order. That's impressive. I am still waiting on two 92mm fans (those are coming from CA). I also forgot to order two SATA cables but I might run to CompUSA for those.

I will post pictures later when I have the time.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back