Matrox Parhelia

Jz1397-5

XP Bad Ass
What do you all think of this card? I know that it is not really a heavy hitter, but could this be due to driver problems? The specs looked really promising, but i was disapointed to see the performance results.

Most of you are going to say that Matrox has no hope compared to ATi's 9700 (R300) and the nVIDIA GeForce5(?) (NV30)

matrox has been in the game before, they were in in 97, i think it was. very good dual display, if i remember correctly

Well the article I read in Max PC, stated that the Matrox card was going for better looking stuff, rather 800 fps in quake. for instance they've designed a AA that takes little to no performance hit on framerate. They have the surround monitor thing going on.

It did all their benchmarks well enough to be fast in the most graphics intensive games, but it look far supperior to the ATIs or the GeForce cards. I am looking into getting one myself, I'd rather it look good than be able to churn out 8000 fps. I always put it this way.

will you buy the 48X CD-Burner that makes a coaster every other CD, or the 32X that makes a perfect error free CD every time?

I do from experience, Each video card renders colours differently, they are as diverse as monitors, also, AA on look alot better than AA off, the GeForce cards AA is crap!!

you accually can, and i am not trying to argue. People who deal with photoshop and so forth can tell the difference, and i think that is what the matrox card is geared for

I've heard also about his card that has no heatsink or fan .. :confused: .. I'll be glad if 3dfx will realive :rolleyes:

see, why you gotta say that? The boards are for people with questions, and you answer them all snooby like. So then why answer our questions?

He's an ass, that's why

{insert snooby remarks from catch's tiny brain here}
{edit out DUH, DOH, and I pooped my pants mommy!}

ok, well i respect your opinion, and i know you have alot of them. i was just asking for opinions. the card is a heavy hitter with all the detail settings. If the second version kicks some ass, i would look into it.

Hey, how do you pronounce the name? anything special?

Originally posted by catch23
I'm not sure all of you realize that your eye isn't going to see a big difference in images made in photoshop...it may render faster..but hardware rendering isn't that great anyway.

Anyone who uses extreme graphics, uses Software rendering...so they use Macs...

yes.....you're quite right

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back