Matrox Parhelia

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Jz1397-5, Aug 4, 2002.

1. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

What do you all think of this card? I know that it is not really a heavy hitter, but could this be due to driver problems? The specs looked really promising, but i was disapointed to see the performance results.

Most of you are going to say that Matrox has no hope compared to ATi's 9700 (R300) and the nVIDIA GeForce5(?) (NV30)

2. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

matrox has been in the game before, they were in in 97, i think it was. very good dual display, if i remember correctly

3. Goatman

Goatman Ska Daddy

Well the article I read in Max PC, stated that the Matrox card was going for better looking stuff, rather 800 fps in quake. for instance they've designed a AA that takes little to no performance hit on framerate. They have the surround monitor thing going on.

It did all their benchmarks well enough to be fast in the most graphics intensive games, but it look far supperior to the ATIs or the GeForce cards. I am looking into getting one myself, I'd rather it look good than be able to churn out 8000 fps. I always put it this way.

will you buy the 48X CD-Burner that makes a coaster every other CD, or the 32X that makes a perfect error free CD every time?

4. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

good call

5. Goatman

Goatman Ska Daddy

I do from experience, Each video card renders colours differently, they are as diverse as monitors, also, AA on look alot better than AA off, the GeForce cards AA is crap!!

6. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

you accually can, and i am not trying to argue. People who deal with photoshop and so forth can tell the difference, and i think that is what the matrox card is geared for

7. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

I've heard also about his card that has no heatsink or fan .. :confused: .. I'll be glad if 3dfx will realive :rolleyes:

8. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

you always have to tell people off, can never be satisfied.

9. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

see, why you gotta say that? The boards are for people with questions, and you answer them all snooby like. So then why answer our questions?

10. Sprung

Sprung Guest

He's an ass, that's why

{insert snooby remarks from catch's tiny brain here}
    {edit out DUH, DOH, and I pooped my pants mommy!}

11. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

ok, well i respect your opinion, and i know you have alot of them. i was just asking for opinions. the card is a heavy hitter with all the detail settings. If the second version kicks some ass, i would look into it.

Hey, how do you pronounce the name? anything special?

12. Arcticcat4Us

Arcticcat4Us Guest

yes.....you're quite right