Matrix online Beta

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by lancer, Jan 26, 2005.

1. lancer

lancer There is no answer! Political User Folding Team

Has anyone else played this?

2. Aprox

Aprox Moderator Political User

Nope, I signed up for the beta.. but never heard anything. :( I hope its cool. I take it you have played it? what do you think?

3. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

I've been looking at it for a while now, but havn't played it. It looks awesome, i have to say. Not usualy a Massive online game player, but that looks damn cool

4. lancer

all i can say because of the NDA, is that it has potential, but you cant say much by the beta, controls are a little sloppy, but again its only a beta. Just like to say i think it will be worth buying when it comes out as it has some really cool concepts and it does feel like you are playing the game.

5. Aprox

Hrmm, I am a huge Matrix fan.... and I made the mistake of buying "Enter the Matrix" before reading any reviews. Lets just hope this game isnt as dissapointing. Are there guns and armor and stuff? or is it strickly hand to hand? And how much of a RPG is it? Are there full skill sets and stuff like that?

6. electrickpirate

electrickpirate pirate extraordinaire

"all i can say because of the NDA, is that it has potential, but you cant say much by the beta, controls are a little sloppy, but again its only a beta. Just like to say i think it will be worth buying when it comes out as it has some really cool concepts and it does feel like you are playing the game."

actually, if you were picked and are in beta, you cant even say that. you arent even allowed to say your in beta or even
    hint to it.

7. lancer

You're Correct So I Can Nothing More.

8. Dublex

Dublex Quazatron R6 droid

It... just exists... thats all we can say.

9. Mastershakes

Mastershakes Moderator

That's too funny. How bout explaining how this would be enforced? Some sort of funky international honor system?

Reminds me of a Brad Pitt/Ed Norton movie.... but I'm not allowed to talk about that either ;)

10. lancer

Do you want the crotch of the buttocks!

11. ZeroHour

ZeroHour ho3 ho3 ho3

ROFL :D
    This game is so classified you cant even play it as it would mean youwould know something others dont and they dont want that getting out :dead: :yowch:

12. electrickpirate

Well, yea, how do you enforce it, but as a beta tester I take it kind of seriously. Don’t care if other people go out and talk about, show friends or whatever. But it’s not that big of a deal. I wasn’t jumping on him for saying anything about it.
    Just pointing something out. Ive told people beta stuff, and ive broken the NDA.
    Oh well. they’ll get over it

13. Aprox

so..... how is the game? :p

14. electrickpirate

its not bad. i play it from time to time and have fun, but i wouldnt pay for it, and definatly wouldnt pay a monthly fee. just not my prefered style of game, not into gaming all that much to begin with. missions are cool, and the city is the best part. its HUGE. you can go just about anywhere. fire escapes, roof tops, elevators, subway system, a lot of differant areas too: Achan, Tabor Park, Moriah Projects, Mara, Uriah, Magog, Mansdale, Zia, Camon Heights, Midian Park, Lemone, Hammerville, Appolyon, Hammerfield Projects, Kedemoth, downtown, Westview, and Richland. the place is big! i had some problems with elevators early on, bugs in the game. ends combinations of cloths, pants, jackets, shirts, tattoos, sun glasses, boots, hair color, body types. i never joined a crew and realy never stuck with a character that long. i didnt level up much before deleting it and creating a new one pretty often to experiment with differant things.