marijuana

I agree with some of your points, but I just wanted to comment on your personal reactions to your use. See, when I smoked (for a couple years out of High School) It did exactly the opposite for me. I felt my mental capacities dropping off and my memory especially. I had a blast dont get me wrong, I went to more than a few awesome concerts and would not trade the experience for anything. (ie. Tool) So, yeah... its interested how it effects everybody differently, like any substance I think a lot of of it is purely psychological as well. I'm glad that you have such a good reaction to it, and you are not alone in not liking to drink. I have quite a few smoking friends that hate to drink.. so thats pretty normal I think.

Aprox, thanks for the comment, it is nice to know that someone got to actually read up on that mess I put up. Yes the drinking thing ugh! it sucks I drank last night and I felt horrible this morning. I am still kind of feeling remnants of the alcohol in me but as soon as I spark it I am going to begin my three hour workout session. It is the craziest thing to me this sparking of the 'ism'. I have never felt so motivated to workout so much. Moreover, my case is interesting to myself since I have not felt anything regarding memory loss because the constant workout regime I have implemented in my lifestyle. It seems as if its a safe balance. The reason I mention that was due to a little education I was diving into regarding being active and its effects on the brain. My understanding while getting educated on that subject is while I workout I am stimulating my mind to keep my body straightened out and in line. I would not recommend the same to anyone else due to the variating effects that it has on different people.

To Trainmaster77, that sounds like one mean drug cocktail and I have never messed any part of my body but I would not have liked being drugged up on all that prescribed drug overdose they put you on. I am glad to hear that marijuana aided your recovery. I question myself though, do you continue use since your injury or have stopped since? It is awful to hear all those drugs you described in your experience with that injury.

There is one more thing I want to share with you all. A co-worker of mine mentions, every now and then the concept of 'its all in your mind' and I have become such an avid believer of that because 'it is all in your mind'. Whatever 'it' is in your lifestyle its all in your mind. James Brown said it best in 'Mind Power' listen to it!

This is going to sound funny coming from a Dutch person.

I have never smoked anything in my life, no cigarettes, weed, or pot or whatever you want to call it. I am all for the legalization of weed. It has been shown to work very well in The Netherlands where the government makes tax off of the sale, and thus it is a win win situation. The same way that prostitution is taxed, and is something else the government makes money on.

To answer trainmaster's question; I smoke pot. I live in belgium so it takes me about 45 minutes to get to Breda (which is in The Netherlands) and buy me some weed. I don't do other drugs, and I do not drink alcohol (excpet my birthday and new years eve, you know, lil champagne) It's been years since I've been druk.

I always smoke at home, never on the street, never in the car or if I have to drive. I never give my weed to anybody else and never asked someone to give it a try. Nobody will ever get his first joint from me.

For me pot is like a glass of wine for other people (I don't like wine for the record), and I really don't see what the big deal is compared to alcohol. It's been said above, but I too would rather hang out with someone really blown then someone realy drunk. H3ll, I'd rather get in the car with somebody who smoked a blunt then a guy who had few drinks...

Just my two cents though :)

Last edited:
Here's a good site for info on the Medical aspects of Marijuana ( http://societyofcannabisclinicians.org/ ) and there is a link in the right column to O'Shaughnessy's. O'Shaughnessy's is the journal of the S.C.C.. A great read (you can read it online, if you wish). We have a customer here that is a contributing writer to this Journal. We get copies of this journal all the time.

And yes, I smoke it. Not as I use to when I was younger. I don't drink booze and more. I will still have a glass or two of wine but that's it. My smoking is also very limited these days. I haven't smoked in a couple of months. So it's more when the urge hits me, not a dependency nor addiction as some tend to through out there to make it sound really bad. I had actually not smoked for a few years, then I felt like smoking some one day. Then I stopped again for a long while. I use to be a heavy-ish smoker when I was in my early twenties. It gets boring and you just stop. If you are walking down the street stoned you may look funny or odd to some and they (people) may even look at you with disdain. Now if you are walking, errrr, staggering down the street drunk they will often times ignore you or they will laugh at you. But people generally don't really think much of it, go fig.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back