Mapped network drives showing as disconnected? help

A

Adam S

i have 2 machines with xp pro on them, and another machine with linux on it. one xp machine is used for backup and file storage, the other is my main machine.

i setup the backup util. to run every night, making backups of various things on the linux server and my xp machine to my backup machine. I'm noticing a problem tho. my files aren't always getting backed up, because by the time it tries to do so at 3AM, the drives r showing as disconnected.

It's like if i don't access the drives enough on the network, the connection is lost until i click on them.

when i go onto my machine in the morning, it shows every network drive as disconnected. of course, i just click on it and its back, but the backup util. is not seeing the drives, so it isn't backing up.

i have the same issues with my linux drives, but thats probably outside the scope of this website.

can anyone tell me how i can force the mapped drives to stay "alive"? I've even tried connecting directly to the machine thru network places - same thing. the drives r showing as disconnected. i need them to always be active.

any help would be great, thanks.

p.s. obviously i click "reconnect at login" when i map the drive, but it isnt doing so.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back