Man sues Microsoft over alleged Xbox 360 glitch

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by muzikool, Dec 5, 2005.

1. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

From Reuters:

2. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

I am not surprised at all. It'll probably be quickly dealth with by MS, if the guy even has a case.

3. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

Was only a matter of time .. but in a place where you can sue a kid for bouncing a basketball in the street is anyone really suprised by this?

4. muzikool

I heard recently of a guy who tried to break into a store. He injured himself while trying to break a window. He sued the store. :rolleyes:

5. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

I have heard similar cases to that when someone broke into a house and cut themselves on a knife.

6. Grandmaster

I also don't understand why he's doing this when he could simply get a replacement from Micrsoft. Obviously he wants to make some quick bucks.

7. ThePatriot

ThePatriot -=[BOHICA!]=- Political User

It's not so much that people are allowed to bring lawsuits like that up, but the fact that they WIN. Disturbing...

8. fimchick

fimchick OSNN Senior Addict

There's such a simple and fault-proof solution to the ridiculously litigious society we live in -- the loser pays for the other parties' legal expenses.

If you sue me, and you lose, you pay my lawyer, you pay all the court fees, and any other money that was wasted on the lawsuit. Oh I GUARANTEE you that we wouldn't have any more idiotic morons suing left and right for the most ridiculous reasons. ;)

9. muzikool

I'm going to play the devil's advocate for a minute with this, though. What if it could be proven that Microsoft did rush the 360 to market, knowing that it had issues that might cause consoles to be defective? This appears to be the foundation of the charge -- Microsoft's drive to be the first to deliver, no matter what.

I'd say it's highly unlikely that, with Microsoft's reputation, it would choose to release such a highly-anticipated system that it knows is flawed.

10. Henyman

Henyman Secret Goat Fetish Political User

combine that with no win-no fee type people!! :yowch:

11. Tuffgong4

Tuffgong4 The Donger Need Food!!!! Political User

I have no opinion until I find out some percentages of consoles having the problem, I probably never will but without a hard fact I have no opinion.

12. fimchick

fimchick OSNN Senior Addict

Then he could proceed with a lawsuit only if Microsoft refused to replace his Xbox at their own cost. Doesn't seem like he even cared to try that venue...

Perris Calderon likes this.
  13. Grandmaster

Microsoft came out after the launch and said that under 3% of the 360s were malfunctioning. It's not an independant study, but something I thought I should add.

Tuffgong4 likes this.
  14. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

that's a great post and I agree 100%

I beleive there are motions to compensate for court expense, but they are hard to win...they should be made easier

most frivilous lawsuits ARE thown out, and no, most frivilous lawsuits do not win

the story is all in the marketing...people hardly know at all the underlying reasons law suits are won, all they see is the marketing of frivality that's publisized by the respective corporation.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2005
  15. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

That was liar liar :p

16. Tuffgong4

Tuffgong4 The Donger Need Food!!!! Political User

thanks for adding that

17. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! My XBOX crashed. WAAHHH!

My PC crashed, I'm suing Dell!

18. Tittles

Tittles Dabba Dooba Political User

Well from what I was told from the dude at the EB store in my mall I guess the directions tell you not to put the power supply on carpet. It doesn't get proper airflow so then people bitch.

Must be why when the dude put his on a box it solved the problem.

Not sure if any of that wa mentioned in any of the threads but o well.

19. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

This is a perfect example of what's wrong with our society. Some thing goes wrong with some thing and someone sues. Bogging down our justice system and costing tax payers billions of dollars a year.

This guy is an idiot and deserves nothing.

20. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon The One and Only

you know..... i was kinda wondering when someone would stoop to this level........ was nowhere near expecting it to be THIS soon! jesus christ do people make us in the US look like money grubbing greedy bastards! this guy's lawsuit makes it seem like the guy would sue a cop because the cop shot back after he shot at the cop. or suing the person that came up with the automatic transmission, since it's not "automatic", in that you still have to move the shifter into drive and reverse and park. people like this should be shot, or kept out of the media...... either way would be a good way of not making the US look stupid.