Man killed by US Sky Marshall

mlakrid said:
Look I just think we all need to be slightly sensitive to his handicap... I wholeheartedly agree, he was an idiot for saying he had a bomb, not for NOT taking his medicine...

We have ALL been guilty at one time or another for not taking our medicine, andy of you who have taken a strong anti-biotic probably know what I mean, weeks after you feel better you are still required to take it...

Everyone knew this ould happen some day... no one is disagreeing the guy was a moron for yealling I have a bomb, and the wife could do nothing to convine authorites that he simply didnt take his medications, and they blew up their luggage...

This WHOLE situation was depressing....

Depressing, sure. But there are so many other things that are equally, if not more depressing...

mlakrid said:
Look I just think we all need to be slightly sensitive to his handicap... I wholeheartedly agree, he was an idiot for saying he had a bomb, not for NOT taking his medicine...
if he was in fact bi polar, the reason he said he had a bomb was BECAUSE he didn't take his medicine.

anyway, I've been told there was a higher degree of alert becuase there was a shoe bomb warning.

Last edited:
And who is at fault for him not taking his medication? The marshals? Or himself? So who is going to catch the blame?

It's not depressing, it's just another story in the news. Winter is depressing.

he takes the blame and his wife takes the blame

they both pay the price for their irresponsibility

If they take the responsibility then I better not hear of a wrongful death suit. When you sue you are saying you are not responsible for damages incurred.

madmatt said:
And who is at fault for him not taking his medication? The marshals? Or himself? So who is going to catch the blame?

It's not depressing, it's just another story in the news. Winter is depressing.

:eek:

MadMatts Heart Pic:

icecube.jpg

madmatt said:
If they take the responsibility then I better not hear of a wrongful death suit. When you sue you are saying you are not responsible for damages incurred.
I don't think she will blame herself, I blamed her

Exactly. She won't accept blame. And if he lived to talk about it neither would he. He would claim incompetence. And incompetence is not an excuse in my book.

madmatt said:
Exactly. She won't accept blame. And if he lived to talk about it neither would he. He would claim incompetence. And incompetence is not an excuse in my book.

OUCH, man matt I dont think I have ever heard you so fired up about something this bad... If you have dealt with anyone who had a severe case of mental illness you might have a different view...

Sometimes they cant even remember what day it is depending on what the illness... maybe he was in a pissed off mood and his wife could not get him to take the medication, anyway... I dont think she will sue knowing it was bot of their faults like Perris already mentioned...

The marshalls likely disregarded this, as it could have been part of the plot I suppose, to generate a distraction....

CNN Article said:
"She was chasing after him," said fellow passenger Alan Tirpak. "She was just saying her husband was sick, her husband was sick." When the woman returned, "she just kept saying the same thing over and over, and that's when we heard the shots."

linky

Oh dear. Too bad, people that knew him are saying he was a cool guy.

It's too bad things like this have happen. You gotta feel sorry for the family. Now if there had been a bomb and the sky marshals chose not to shoot him, this thread would be into its thirtieth page by now. They made the right call.

On another note, acting like a freak doesn't mean he deserved to die (I'm sure we all have at one point or another ;)), but the place and time he did it cost his life, unfortunately. There's nothing especially wrong with flipping out, and there's nothing wrong with sky marshals doing what they were trained to do. I don't fault the man or the marshals. It was just something that had to happen for the safety of others.

mlakrid said:
OUCH, man matt I dont think I have ever heard you so fired up about something this bad...

Hence the reason I stay out of "Hard Talk". I'll give it a rest before I upset someone with my thoughts.

madmatt said:
Hence the reason I stay out of "Hard Talk". I'll give it a rest before I upset someone with my thoughts.

No no, I didnt say you upset me, Im just saying that if you have seen it first hand, then you see things in a new light thats all...

mlakrid said:
Im sure you all have been listening, but a 44 year old man apprantley who was on medication, ran off a plane, yelling ha had a bomb in his carry-on.

Actually started on the plane as the man bolted from his seat and ran down the aisle with his arms flailing screaming he had a bomb.

well, so far I've read an eye witness account that says he never said he had a bomb, he said he had to get off the plane

his wife was yelling "he's sick"

does someone have a link to any witness besides the people that shot the guy saying this guy said he had a bomb?

perris said:
well, so far I've read an eye witness account that says he never said he had a bomb, he said he had to get off the plane

his wife was yelling "he's sick"

does someone have a link to any witness besides the people that shot the guy saying this guy said he had a bomb?

havn't found anything yet Perris, I am looking. Whichever the case though, those Marshalls followed their procedure.

For all we know - she could have been attempting to distract the Marshalls.

that's fair enough and I agree

if that's the way it happened...if they already lied, then we don't know how it happened

Dave Adams, a spokesman for the Federal Air Marshal Service, said Alpizar had run up and down the plane's aisle yelling, "I have a bomb in my bag."

ok, that is clearly a lie;

However, no other witness has publicly concurred with that account. Only one passenger recalled Alpizar saying, "I've got to get off, I've got to get off," CNN's Kathleen Koch reported.

so, the the story the marshal is telling is a lie

nobody knows what happened here but the people on the plane

so far we have passed judgement on whether or not the marshalls acted the way they were trained based on their account on what happened, and the account of what they are telling us is not what happened.

hopefully the investigation will exonerate their response, but so far the witnesses are demonstrating that they are liars

Last edited:
This reminds me of the Brazillian that got shot in London after the bombings over there last summer.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back