make WinXP Pro boot faster

still havent done it(forgot). its not worth it, right?

Originally posted by dealer
driver 7...great post...not many peeps willing to take their lumps.

good on ya...and welcome to our great board...stick around please/ I am sure you will be an asset here

follow yoyo's information whenever you see his user name

I have never seen him wrong in anything he has ever posted
Thanks man. I was gonna hide and never return but felt bad for anyone who had taken my advice. By then I think it had been viewed about 200 times. Cannot fight your conscience.
Peace

Ya sure man. No reason not to. I would say I have used this site for at least 6 months now as a tweaking reference guide.

Agreed, stick around , Driver 7. That is a great site here and Welcome. :)

*Drools over TerraHertz's hard drive, then puts his hand under his mouth in an attempt to keep it from getting all wet and stuff*

What size disk is that TH? like 100GB?

and ya, Driver 7, this is one of the sites i visit the most. up to date news on just about everything. good resource for tweaking and, as you found out, identifying a false tweak. And the people here are very nice and willing to help anyone that needs it.

Is this limited to Pro? I have two machines - one home and one Pro, hence my asking...

MainFrame, he said that the tweak isn't worth it. if you would have read the entire thread, u would have seen that.

Originally posted by ElementalDragon
*Drools over TerraHertz's hard drive, then puts his hand under his mouth in an attempt to keep it from getting all wet and stuff*

What size disk is that TH? like 100GB?

and ya, Driver 7, this is one of the sites i visit the most. up to date news on just about everything. good resource for tweaking and, as you found out, identifying a false tweak. And the people here are very nice and willing to help anyone that needs it.
The HDD are 36GB each.WD will release the 70's at he end of the month. Apps just seem much faster. By the way NewEgg has them for $117 each

thanks for the recall, I was considering to give it a try on the other pc upstairs. So Driver 7 are they running this tweak over at Driver Heaven or did you mis read this.

Originally posted by Napalmnthemorni
thanks for the recall, I was considering to give it a try on the other pc upstairs. So Driver 7 are they running this tweak over at Driver Heaven or did you mis read this.
This tweak was first posted on warp2search. I dont know how many people were trying it there. I never hang in there forum. Then someone took it to Driver heaven where I am always at and quite alot of people tried it. The tweak got pretty popular because everyone was watching the faster boot page go by and not noticing the longer page that followed.
The tweek lasted about the same amount of time as it did here. I dont think I miss read anything. I'm really not to sure what your refering to. I did introduce this tweak thats not a tweak here, So I guess you could say I "miss posted" something.

I not sure you guys are getting what you think you are here, could this setting only be booting you to your desktop quicker and loading all the applications and settings up when its finally there?

If so your PC will show your desktop quicker, but it will probably be the same amount of time until it "settles" for want of a better word and is free to allow you to do other taks without the hard disk being accessed or the CPU straining whilst it loads all the programs it gets at startup.

Or is it actually quicker to "fully" load?

Originally posted by Terrahertz
WD Raptors SATA 10,000rpm raid 0 nuff said:D

yea, thats part of my friends new system. hes got (2) 36GB 10,000rpm drives, and then (1)250GB 7200rpm drive. hes got games on the 10,000rpm drives, and then all the stuff that doesnt need to be as fast on teh 7200rpm drive, like pics and small utilities.

it sounds like a great combo.

You guys obviously haven't heard of the atomic PC which is currently being reseached. Article published in Aussie Newspapers - said to be millions of times faster than current PCs (individual atoms carry bits of info) :D Can't wait.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back