make & animate character in 3dsm6

Discussion in 'Graphic Design' started by desie, May 14, 2005.

1. desie

desie OSNN Senior Addict

Hi all by the end of the academic year (I think I have about a month left) I have to design and make a character and also animate it in 3D Studio Max.

I have 3d Studio Max 6 and I have been using the program every so often to get used to it. However with me not being a very good drawer it is quiet hard to go and make a character, I have only managed to make a hand, animate it and animate some text.

I just wondered if any of you guys know a good online tutorial for making a character and animating it. Obviously I will change it to my liking so it’s not a direct copy. Cheers.

btw it has to be done in 3DSM.

2. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

uhm... you need a year or two to learn 3dsmax modelling and animation. search google though (or msnsearch.com) is your best bet also search for lightwave tutorials if you dont get many 3dsmax tutorials. Where there is lightwave material there is 3dsmax material not far away :)

3. desie

desie OSNN Senior Addict

lol I know but my teacher is dumb and gets a studio max teacher in the last month o_0. I have been searching on google but most results want me to buy a tutorial cd just wondered if you guys had any bookmarked. Lightwave 64 seems pretty cool :p.

4. desie

desie OSNN Senior Addict

5. desie

desie OSNN Senior Addict

So there is no tutorial, bum this is wat I hate about studiomax, just making somthing is so hard but the app is easy =\.

6. bumzig

bumzig OSNN One Post Wonder

Try Polycount. they have alot of modelling tutorials that relate to 3DSM.

Create a Head Tutorial

Create a Torso, Feet

7. American Zombie

American Zombie Moderator Staff Member Political User

8. melon

melon MS-DOS 2.0 Political User

I've been using Maya for over a year, and it takes months to be able to create something like that, if you don't know what you're doing. These programs are a definite challenge, and I think your instructor is being very unrealistic. :p

Melon

9. desie

desie OSNN Senior Addict

I used Maya before StudioMax gave up with Maya lol I know wat you mean my teacher is unrealstic! Thanks for links.