Make a media centre out of XP home

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Cookie, Dec 9, 2002.

1. Cookie

Cookie Guest

May not be of any interest to anyone, but I purchased the Intervideo remote control for $29.95 and use it for controlling windvd on my lapto and desktop. It also has cool mouse buttons on it with left and right click keys and a drag key. I'm able to control all of windows with it, from media player to anything. Adding a tv card and DVD-R would give you much the same system as a media centre PC for a fraction of the cost of a brand new PC. Just thought I'd let you all know out there about something which I think is fairly amazing.:happy:
  2. sickmyduck

sickmyduck Guest

Ya think? I've had those capabilities for a year now with my ATI AIW Radeon 7500. And the remote is RF based, not IR, so I am not limited by walls and free to use it anywhere in the house.
  3. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

Red Sox Nation
  4. funky dredd

funky dredd Moderator

That is actually a pretty good idea. I had never even thought about doing that. It would work well with my laptop.
  5. Cookie

Cookie Guest

the remote control can be got from under the products link on the home page. I dont know how much RF costs but is it cheaper than $30? :) Has anybody else got suggestions like this, I'd be glad to hear them