Majour Cooling - I Need Some!

ste_w

OSNN Senior Addict
Hey All ive had heat problems for a while but as summers nearly fully here my Comp Temp is gona get even Higher i was wondering If theres an Amasing Cooling System Out there, Not water cooled and not something that requires me getting a new tower please, please help

Thanx

From Ste_W

P.S Pic Attatched of Temps :cool:

Attachments

• Too Hot Very.JPG
    Too Hot Very.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 88
Have you OC'd the card?
CHeck that the fans are spinning ok.

Then again, the software might not be telling you the right temp.

Theres 3 Diff Temp Things in the pics showing the same temps so i believe them, n in my room i can feel the diff from wen the comp starts at 49 and goes to 67 within about n hr or so, n no the card and nothin in my system is overclocked.

Wow...with a 4000 RPM fan too. Everything is stock? Like you didn't put a custom heatsink or anything on it?

Do PCs usually start off with 46C? I think mine starts at around 35C. Can't remember.

If it isn't going to slow down till it reaches 140C then those temps don't seem so bad. Are they?? :eek:

Look at the numbers. The CPU cooler is fine. The problem is the case temp is through the roof. It should be in the 34-40 deg C range.

What is the room air temp? Your case will be 10-12 deg C above that with good cooling.

You need two inlet fans on the front pulling air in and an outlet fan in the rear exhausting air. Also the power supply has to have a decent fan in it to be the second exhaust fan.

If your case does not support these fans you need a new case period!

If your room ambient temp is too high you are screwed. It will drive the case temp which drives the CPU temp and there is nothing you can do about it (except vapor cycle coolers).

Tell us the room temp. and make sure your fans are all spinning and pointed the right direction. Also, blow out the power supply, fans and case interior if it is more than a year old.

The last item is air flow restrictions. Cheap small cases have ****ty small openings in the front and wide fan guards in the back. These must be opened up to let the fans pull the air through.

PS Pull off the side cover and point a table fan into the PC. See what the GPU and CPU temps are then.

Everything is Stock yea, no Fancy heat sink or anything, n my side cover is perspects (See through plastic) i have a main fan at the bk n one at the front of the computer, n yea both pointing Correct Ways, n i dont know Room Temp, but theres no air conditiong in here. its a big case as well, i think my Graphics card is main heat problem.

for a first thing just take the side off the case and see what happens when its running, the innards should be the same temp as the general ambient temp then

maybe you mounted your cpu hsf wrong cuz those look like abnormal temps unless you live on the equator and have a computer case with no air vents whatsoever... try removing it and putting a bit of arctic silver 5 on there... and make sure you do everything right--- you should try this before you spend the big bucks modding your system ^_^

I kno this isnt about the topic but which would be better for my new system - thermal pad or compound?

if you are building it compound, has a way better heat transfer. :)

I took the side panel off and put my Room Fan on blowing into the Case , which is a 60 CM Wide Fan n it brought the temp down by bout 15Degree so from 70ish to 55 lol which is good but Still hot

What happened to the CPU & GPU temp when the case temp came down 15 deg C?

And yes, the 5800 Ultra is a notorius heat maker.

CPU went down 10 i think it was, The Cpu is really Close to my FX5800 Ultra Tho which is so Damn Hot the Fan in 2D Mode does not alot of help really.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back