Major slowdown

S

seeme

i like this site, cause i feel safe that if i use a tweak, and my computer stuffs up, i have all these knowledgable people that i can ask for help!
:) thanks again guys and gals.....in advance.

I know that I was in the tweaks guide and i used the DisablePagingExecutive - LargeSystemCache and IOPageLockLimit.

To the best of my knowledge, i have reset the registry to where it was however.

SYMPTOMS:
when i turn my computer on, it works at its normal fast pace.
everything loads and works properly. but after about 10 - 15 minutes things start to slow down, programs already loaded take ages to respond to my double click, the start menu doesnt open for ages when i click on it. everything SLOWS DOWN and eventually i have to reboot. shutting down the computer takes ages also. after i reboot, the computer goes through this same process.

WHAT I'VE TRIED:
i scaned for viruses. nothing found. i've used clearmem, and that seems to help a little bit for the moment. i've undone what i originally did to the registry.

Im lost for ideas. any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

J

ps. i have 640 meg ram, and a duron 900.

First thing you do is hit ctrl alt del and look in your windows task managar and see what is running. This sounds like you have a program running and eating up all your ram and/or cpu usage.

IEXPLORER.exe is using 22,000K,
explorer is using 8,000k,
icq is using 4500k,
taskmgr 4500k
dllhost 2800k

they are the major ones.
yes the duron is overclocked from 800 to 896. it runs stable up to 916, but i leave it at 896. its been at that setting for almost a year without any problems.

any ideas? its really quite an irritating problem.

thanks.

j

ive just de-overclocked the duron.

its back at its specified 800mhz.

it hasnt made any difference that i can see....ive just rebooted...again.

J

HELP! please.

Ok you showed some of the ram usuages. Now was the CPU runninng at 100%?

nope, the cpu load was at most about 3%. i think ive solved hte problem, it was a registry key that i had added to memory management. i deleted it, and things appear to be back to normal.

thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back