major prob

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Athalonxp1800gu, Jul 14, 2002.

1. Ok i had to post a completely clueless thread like this but am clueless.... My computer (I just built) just restarts without warning. Here are the specs, Biostar mb (onboard video/audio) 512 megs of sdram. 80 gig ibm deskstar. (any other specs ask becuase i cant think of anything else) Only thing open when it recycled was winmx, and internet explorer. HELP!!!
    And i checked the cpu temp with speedfan and it says its only around 48 to 50 degrees.

2. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

Might be faulty memory, be my guess.

:cool:

3. well it has never ran constantly for more than 24 hours.....if that helps any, i was also thinking faulty ran, but when i run speed fan it says the cpu temp is 51 degrees (celcius) and there is a little fire icon beside it....could the cpu temp be causing it?

4. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

Sure temps could always cause it, but 51C isn't nothing.

Might try a different Temp checker, something like MBM

:cool:

5. Sorry to bring this thread back up but i just talked to the guy thats having this problem...the computer doesnt actually restart it just flashes the biostar bios window then back to the desktop!
    very weird!

6. Gary Pandher

Gary Pandher Moderator

flashes the bios screen and back to the desktop???
    ...could it be something wrong with the motherboard...or maybe u need a new bios...

7. Syrus

Syrus OSNN Addict

i would say "dodgy motherboard"

8. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

I notice no one has told this guy to go into the system properties and disable automatic restart on fatal error, it's got to be worth a shot, that way he can get a fault code when the PC dies.