Mafia New Game Loading troubles

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Socko, Aug 30, 2002.

1. Socko

Socko Guest

the Mafia game it installed fine, I can play the Tutorial and Freeride just fine, but when I go to start a New Game, the game exits when it gets half way through the loading progress, same happens when I click on Intro.
    Can someone help me, or send me a savegame thats been saved RIGHT after the intro/prologue (and give me a rundown on whats missed)

2. Octopus

Octopus Moderator

I had the same problem with Max Payne when I installed its patch so I re-installed the game without installing the patch...I think in your case you need a patch!
    try to set your screen to 800-600.
    also what are your 3d card, memory, and how many MHZs?

3. Socko

Socko Guest

AMD Athlon 1ghz, ATI Radeon 8500 64mb, 396mb sdram (133mhz bus)

I tried setting my res to 800x600 (its normally 1600x1200) but it still crashed

The weird thing is, the tutorial level and free ride play perfectly fine and load fine

4. Socko

Socko Guest

Fixed it (kinda) someone posted their savegames up to level 8, so i d/l that and just started the game from the first savegame. All i missed was the intro movei (which u can just view in wmp) and a cutscene following it

Waitin for a patch!

5. shoulin

shoulin OSNN Addict

is it a good game?

6. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Guest

This game is great, been playing for over 4 hours. Lots to do and look super. Well worth buying!

7. dabomb

dabomb Moderator

yep same here i had the same problem but i restarted the comp and it worked fine :) excellant game all round :D

8. Vorpal

Vorpal Guest

Mafia is so cool. :)

I REALLY miss spraying down cops with the M-16 and doing jump tricks in sports cars... But oh well.

Remember those old SPRITE commericals (the "lim-on" thing)? Like the one where they put half a lemon and half a lime on to model trains and had them do a head on. :)

IF ("IF") they could do that with GTA-III and MAFIA, it would be the greatist game ever.