Macromedia

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Capricorn, Sep 18, 2003.

1. Capricorn

Capricorn OSNN Senior Addict

Should I install the free Macromedia Flash Player and Shockwave Player? And if so, is there a download somewhere that lets you download these player for installation later. The Macromedia Site seems only to do a download and install immediately option.

2. NerdUprising

NerdUprising [ Method ]

If I am understanding right... yea, I think you should

Flash is showing up in more and more places on the web, as the abilities of it become more useful, and optimization demands less of the client computer.

As for downloading for a later install, I dont know... never thought of that. As long as you have internet access you can pick it up at the website, but if you want to put it on a puter w/o web - You could check the plugins folder in IE or whichever browser, and find the file or files

I'll try and get back to you on how you could go about that effectively; right now Im out and about, and of no real use :)

3. arson_nick

arson_nick OSNN Addict

4. Capricorn

Capricorn OSNN Senior Addict

5. coathanger007

coathanger007 Tomorrow Tweaking Today

You've obviously got an annoyingly slow dialup. Problem is Macromedia Flash Player and Shockwave Player are updated so often that as soon as you've got a copy on your HDD, a new version is out.