MacBook with Parallels running Vista

Discussion in 'Macintosh' started by muzikool, Jan 10, 2007.

1. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

I got Parallels and RC2 of Windows Vista and just finished installing both on my MacBook. I decided to do this so I can check IE compatibility with my websites without having to go to a PC.

The Windows installation was pretty straightforward and I've been messing with it for about a half-hour now. The MacBook has 1GB of RAM, and the performance is pretty good considering that the memory is split in half for both operating systems when I've got Vista running.

You can run Windows in its own window on the desktop, or switch to full-screen mode if you like. This looks to be a pretty awesome deal for Intel Mac owners that still need access to Windows at times. Running Parallels is definitely more convenient than doing the same thing with BootCamp and having to restart each time you want to load a different OS.

2. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

Muzi get the Beta version and have a play with Coherence mode. Also the latest beta can boot from your BootCamp partition ;) though admittedly it does cause some issues with Activation as the hardware has essentially changed.

http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/beta_testing/

3. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

Wow, I will definitely play with Coherence mode -- that will be incredible if it really works as advertised. Do you use it as well?

4. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

5. michaelarch

michaelarch OSNN One Post Wonder

Yeh me to, that coherence mode seems quite interesting...