MaCafee

Maveric169

The Voices Talk to Me
Ok this is starting to get on my nerves. I am using Macafee anti-virus and firewall, now macafee's software is suppose to check like every 4 hours or so for any new updates and then it has a little popup deal from the taskbar to let me know there are updates. But for like the last month or so I am no longer getting the update notification. I have tried tech support and all they want to do is have reinstall it, but I have done this 3X now and it still is not fixing the problem. I have checked my firewall setting, and the program has full server access, I have uninstalled and removed the registry keys and reinstalled. But no dice.

Has anyone else had this problem and resolved it? Any Idea's as to other things I can do?

i have the same problem with nav 2003. normally when you install it it will auto-update and give messages when it has installed new definitions, but now it isnt doing this and it isnt checking for updates, i checked all settings and they seem to be configured the way they should be ....

Originally posted by sboulema
i have the same problem with nav 2003. normally when you install it it will auto-update and give messages when it has installed new definitions, but now it isnt doing this and it isnt checking for updates, i checked all settings and they seem to be configured the way they should be ....

Same problem here, I just don't know why. My wifes comp is setup the same as mine and hers works. It is just agravating

I had the same problem with Norton Systemworks, which includes the antivirus program. I had to uninstall and reinstall the application to get it to work. Apparently some software that I installed turned off the live update feature of Norton. In the past, I've seen some Ontrack applications do that if they have similar utilities. That's why I don't use anything from Ontrack. Hope this helps.

I also use McAfee Spam Killer that is supposed to download automatic updates. While the pop-up message works, it never completes a connection to download the updated files. I have to manually go into the program and click on the "update" button for it to work properly. Alot of other people I've read about have this same problem.

Originally posted by sboulema
hope someone can fix this one

With NAV you must ensure that NetDetect is in the scheduled tasks and is set to run, that the task scheduler service is not stopped or disabled and that netdetect and any liveupdate component is not blocked by a firewall.

I dont know about McAfee, you may want to check the same things.

enyo i have checked the netdetect task and there were a few strange things with the tasks which i changed and im gonna see if it fixed the problem.

okay, you can try removing the task then opening NAV, it will have a red X agaist auto update and all you then need to do is press enable. That will re-create the task with the right settings.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back